Connect with us

Real Madrid News

22-year-old midfielder wants to join Real Madrid, club still unsure about the transfer

Published

on

The 2021/22 campaign has been a successful one for Real Madrid, with the Merengues already winning the La Liga title and the Spanish Supercup, while they can still lift the UEFA Champions League trophy as well.

But, despite the success, it goes without saying that investment will be needed in the squad over the summer to maintain this level of consistency over an extended period.

Antonio Rudiger is all set to arrive on a free transfer to strengthen the defence, while Kylian Mbappe could also join on a Bosman deal to bolster the frontline. As for the midfield department, Los Blancos have enough depth and quality, but a new face could be added nevertheless.

The name of AS Monaco ace Aurelien Tchouameni has been doing the rounds for quite some time now. The 22-year-old Frenchman has established himself as one of the best central midfielders in France over the past couple of years.

Tchouameni is primed to leave the Ligue 1 outfit in the upcoming summer, with Real Madrid and several other clubs touted as potential destinations.

And now, speaking on his YouTube channel, journalist Ramon Alvarez de Mon has claimed that the former Bordeaux midfielder wants to join Real Madrid in the next transfer window.

However, he goes on to claim that while Los Blancos are interested, they are yet to make a decision on signing Tchouameni, with the transfer on standby as things stand.

Tchouameni showed his quality in Monaco’s recent game against LOSC Lille, scoring a brace to help his team to a 2-1 victory. While he has proven himself to be an adept performer in the box-to-box role, the 22-year-old can also play as a holding midfielder.

His acquisition would fetch Real Madrid an alternative and a long-term replacement for Casemiro. However, as things stand, the Merengues are still undecided about the move. It remains to be seen if their stance changes in the coming weeks.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”

Published

on

Photo by Florencia Tan Jun/Getty Images

There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.

With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.

Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.

Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.

“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.

“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.

This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.

At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”

He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”

“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.

Continue Reading