Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti leaves the door open for Toni Kroos’ return to Real Madrid

Published

on

Photo by BEN STANSALL/AFP via Getty Images

Speaking in an interview with El Giornale (h/t AS), Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has claimed that he would be open to the idea of Toni Kroos returning to the club if he changed his decision on retirement.

Kroos announced his decision to hang up his boots last month and played his final game for Real Madrid on June 1, when he helped Real Madrid win the UEFA Champions League by beating Borussia Dortmund in the final.

The 34-year-old is now playing for Germany and will bring down the curtains on his career once UEFA Euro 2024 is over.

And, Ancelotti insisted that he would be open to taking Kroos back if he changed his decision a few months down the line.

“Unfortunately, Kroos decided to stop, he is a German in his decisions, but he will continue to live in Madrid. I told him that, if he changes his position in the autumn, we can start again with a phone call,” said Ancelotti.

Ancelotti would welcome Kroos back at Real Madrid. (Photo by INA FASSBENDER/AFP via Getty Images)

Praising Kroos’ long-time midfield partner at Real Madrid, Luka Modric, the Italian tactician added: “Luka is a unique example of quality and professionalism.”

Discussing the upcoming Euros, Ancelotti named Germany as one of the teams to watch out for, saying:

“Germany, playing at home, have an interesting team. Italy lacked a new generation after the victory in 2021, so I don’t know what our chances are.”

The iconic Italian manager also reflected on his time at Real Madrid, stating what makes the club so special, as he said:

“It’s special. Milan is in my heart: I played, I was a coach, it’s a big part of my professional life. Madrid is Madrid, what could be better? History is respected here, all the footballers of the past have their photo in the Ciudad Deportiva.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid face Premier League, Saudi Arabia competition for free transfer target

Published

on

Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid are set to welcome two new stars this summer, Kylian Mbappe and Endrick, but the Merengues are keen on further bolstering their squad.

Owing to the embarrassment of riches Real Madrid possess in midfield, replacing Toni Kroos with a new signing in midfield is not seen as an immediate priority.

Nonetheless, interesting opportunities will invariably be evaluated closely and it appears the name of Adrien Rabiot has entered the club’s crosshairs.

Real Madrid not the only ones interested

But, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, Real Madrid face stiff competition from Premier League clubs and Saudi Arabian teams in their pursuit of midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

The French midfielder is set to become a free agent if he chooses not to renew his contract with Juventus, a decision that seems increasingly likely.

Rabiot set to become a free agent this summer. (Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images)

Known for his technical prowess and versatility, Rabiot excels at playing multiple roles in midfield and notably thriving as a goal threat with late runs inside the opposition box that tend to catch opponents off guard.

While Real Madrid have no shortage of quality in midfield, Dani Ceballos’ exit could pave the way for the 29-year-old to secure a signing for Los Blancos.

However, Real Madrid would have to outmanoeuvre both the financial prowess of Saudi Arabian teams and the competitive allure of Premier League clubs to secure Rabiot’s signature.

On top of that, Juventus are also not giving up on their efforts to try and renew the contract of the French international.

In any case, Rabiot is unlikely to be a priority target for the club but they will be sure to keep a close eye on how his situation develops.

Continue Reading