Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti relaxed about Real Madrid future amid Brazil talk: “I’m not in any hurry”

Published

on

Photo by CARLO HERMANN/AFP via Getty Images

Speaking in an exclusive interview with DSports, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti has insisted that he is not overly worried about his future amid talks about a possible move to Brazil.

The 64-year-old is currently in the final year of his contract at Real Madrid and has been heavily linked with the Brazil national team.

At the same time, reports have suggested that the Italian tactician could be offered a new two-year contract by Real Madrid, leading to a lot of uncertainty surrounding his future.

Ancelotti happy at Real Madrid

Amidst all the non-stop speculations and rumours, Ancelotti admitted that he is happy and comfortable at Real Madrid and is not in a hurry to sort out his future.

“I feel very comfortable in Madrid. In the future, what will happen will happen. I’m not in any hurry, I’m very happy,” he said.

On the Merengues’ start to the 2023/24 season, Ancelotti expressed his pleasure with how things were going despite the spate of injuries, as he said: “We’ve been doing very well.”

After all, Real Madrid are the current leaders in La Liga and are top of their group in the UEFA Champions League heading into tonight’s game against Napoli.

Shoutout to Jose Mourinho

In a recent interview, former Real Madrid and current AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho had sung praises of Ancelotti and had stated that he wishes to see the Italian continue at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Responding to Mourinho claiming he is an ‘Ancelottista’, the Real Madrid boss said: “And I’m a ‘Mourinhista‘. We have a good relationship. I’m a ‘Mourinhista’ and a ‘Romanista’.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti considering playing a makeshift centre-back pairing for Real Madrid against Valencia – report

Published

on

Photo by DESIREE MARTIN/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid will take on Valencia on Saturday, looking to maintain their solid lead at the top of the league table.

The Spanish giants are leading the standing with a six-point lead over Girona. A win against Valencia could help them solidify their position at the top while potentially opening up an opportunity to extend the lead to more than six points.

Heading into this game, though, Carlo Ancelotti is facing multiple setbacks, especially in the defensive unit, with Eder Militao, David Alaba and Thibaut Courtois still missing due to injuries.

This will once again put pressure on Ancelotti, as far as the team selection is concerned.

Rudiger & Tchouameni to partner at centre-back vs Valencia

Fortunately for the Real Madrid coach, much of his experimentations this season have worked, including Aurelien Tchouameni’s supreme performances at centre-back.

With that in mind, Diario AS reports Ancelotti is considering playing a makeshift central defensive pair against Valencia, comprising Antonio Rudiger and Tchouameni.

Ancelotti to go with a makeshift central defensive pairing vs Valencia (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

This is not the first time the young Frenchman will have to accompany Rudiger at centre-back. He did so earlier in the year when Real Madrid took on RCD Mallorca.

Interestingly, Real Madrid were able to retain a clean sheet, with Rudiger scoring the winning goal, in a narrow 1-0 victory.

What are Ancelotti’s other options?

Ancelotti will be hoping for a similar outcome this time around. However, it must be noted that the Italian will be boosted by the return of Dani Carvajal from suspension.

The veteran Spaniard can be an option at centre-back. But given the way how Tchouameni has impressed onlookers with his performances at centre-back, there is very little reason why he shouldn’t continue in the position.

Tchouameni has even been compared to Javier Mascherano by former Spanish coach Roberto Moreno.

Other than Carvajal, though, Nacho Fernandez is another option for Ancelotti. But the veteran defender is suffering with discomfort and Ancelotti has no plans to risk it.

Continue Reading