Real Madrid News
Ancelotti talks Benzema, Tchouameni, Kroos, Vinicius, Courtois ahead of Real Madrid vs Elche
Real Madrid will look to cut down the gap to La Liga leaders Barcelona when they lock horns with Elche at the Santiago Bernabeu on Wednesday.
Los Blancos were not involved in league action last week as they were away participating in the FIFA Club World Cup, which they won.
Now with the focus back on La Liga, Carlo Ancelotti & co., who lost to Mallorca in the league last time out, will look to reduce the 11-point gap to their arch-rivals and stay alive in the title race.
Ahead of the game, manager Ancelotti addressed the media and the excerpts from his interaction are as follows.
On playing at home: “We are delighted to be back at the Santiago Bernabéu tomorrow.”
On Thibaut Courtois and Toni Kroos’ availability: “Courtois and Kroos will not play tomorrow. Courtois will return vs Osasuna on Saturday.”
On Eder Militao and Lucas Vazquez: “Lucas Vazquez and Militao will return tomorrow.”
On whether Eduardo Camavinga will continue at left-back: “He has been very good but now Alaba is back and there’s also Nacho. I’m thinking about what to do. Camavinga will play in that position only if needed.”
On Vinicius Jr being not nominated for FIFPro Best XI: “I didn’t see it. It must be a mistake, right? (Laughs).”
On any assurances he will give fans that Real Madrid will close down the gap: “I don’t need to give them arguments. Our fans know the professionalism of this team, and of these players. They know that we are going to fight every game. I don’t think anyone thinks we are in a ‘critical’ situation.”
On links to Dusan Vlahovic: “Well, that I need a new nine is your opinion. This is not the time to talk about the market. We are focused on the competitions, nothing else.”
On Eden Hazard’s availability: “He will be back on Thursday after his injury. He is fine.”
On who will replace Vinicius Jr: “Nobody can replace him. He’s not here. Someone else will play in this position, and that’s Rodrygo.”
On Aurelien Tchouameni’s form: “Until the World Cup he did very well, he was amazing. But the World Cup has affected him, in that he’s still not in the optimum situation, physically, pre-World Cup. Going from a double pivot to playing alone… he’s coming back, little by little.”
On Kroos’ contract: “I can’t say what will happen. He hasn’t told me, but the feeling I have is positive. That he can renew. But it’s a feeling.”
On the team’s defence: “I said it was a problem of concentration, a collective commitment that we don’t always have. We’ve kept three clean sheets this season. It’s better”.
On whether Karim Benzema has renewed: “I don’t know. But I repeat: Real Madrid legends must retire at Real Madrid.”
On whether the Brazilian players ask him about national team job links: “They joke, they laugh about it! But they make jokes, that’s all. The reality is that I have a contract until 2024.”
Source: Real Madrid Twitter
Real Madrid News
Turkish giants to go all-out to sign Real Madrid outcast – report
There is no way back for Eden Hazard at Real Madrid. The Belgian international has not given the management any reason to have faith in his abilities over his past four seasons at the club and is unsurprisingly the most important departure for the Merengues in the summer.
Hazard has one more year on his contract in Madrid. However, it is clear that Carlo Ancelotti does not trust him and that any potential replacement manager in the summer will echo his stance.
According to reports from Mundo Deportivo, Fenerbahce are willing to go all out to sign Hazard this summer. The Turkish side have made the former Chelsea their prime target, yet face a steep task ahead of them.
The 32-year-old is hellbent on seeing out his contract with Los Blancos despite seeing his career sink right before his eyes. It thus becomes complicated for the party to lure away the forward, especially in a competition outside Europe’s top five leagues.
Fenerbahce attempted to sign the winger in the recently concluded winter transfer market. They reached an agreement with Real Madrid but failed to get over the line as they could not convince the player of the move.
The biggest obstacle for the Turkish side will be convincing Hazard to make the move by letting go of his lucrative contract in Madrid. The chances are slim, but not impossible.
Hazard has made just three league appearances and one start for Ancelotti’s side this season in La Liga, a steep fall from last season’s 18 and seven respectively.
His last appearance for the team came back in January when Real Madrid faced Cacereno in the Copa del Rey. In La Liga however, he last played in September 2022 in a 4-1 win over Mallorca.