Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti talks Militao, Benzema, Kroos, Alaba, Modric ahead of Sociedad vs Real Madrid

Published

on

Photo by Alex Caparros/Getty Images

Carlo Ancelotti spoke to the media as part of his pre-game press conference ahead of Real Madrid’s gameweek 33 fixture against Real Sociedad. Los blancos are strongly holding on to second place in the league as of now, trailed by Atletico Madrid.

Ancelotti opened by heaping praise onto Sociedad, who are currently sitting fourth in the league, and well within a chance for European places.

“Tomorrow it will be demanding, because Real Sociedad is a great team. There are casualties for injuries and penalties, so it will be tough. The schedule is also complicated, but let’s go with all the desire in the world.”

“Militao is fine. He had a personal issue and arrived with the training started. The Valverde thing has to be evaluated. We’ll see. Alaba is not available either, having touched the ball for the first time today. And we’ll see Modric, he can make it on Saturday,” Ancelotti said about Militao’s absence from training today.

The Italian gaffer was asked whether the team needed a ‘new Benzema’ in the summer transfer window, to which he replied, “In the project we must be signing a number nine, because Karim has an age. But he works very well, despite the ups and downs. Rodrygo, Vinicius, Asensio… the problem in these two years has not been the attack.”

Benzema scored three hattricks in the last month, and played the entirety of the 90 minutes against Almeria as well. With the Manchester City game up next, the Frenchman could be rested tomorrow, confirmed Ancelotti.

“It may be. He was a little tired today, but if he’s okay, he can play. Tomorrow I will only rotate for obvious casualties; if we play at 10:00 PM, there is recovery time for Saturday.”

Speaking further about the schedule, he said, “We arrived at this section in good condition. Tomorrow’s problem is the short rest time, with three days, but it is important to win and we must show the best version.”

Toni Kroos has been playing as a no. 6 for a large part of the season, and according to Ancelotti, enjoys that role a much as any other.

“He likes to play, regardless of the position. In some games you need a higher pivot and in others, one of his characteristics. He has no problem playing there, I didn’t have to convince him.”

Speaking about the league situation, Ancelotti praised runaway leaders Barcelona, suggesting that they have won the league instead of Madrid throwing it away.

“I always point out the merit of the rival. Barcelona has scored a lot of points and has merit.”

“I think sometimes we think we’re going to fix everything with the offensive quality. And that’s not always going to be the case. We must improve defensive concentration,” he said about Madrid’s defensive holes.

Source: Real Madrid TV

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid out-of-favour defender now unlikely to leave the club

Published

on

Photo by GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid missed out on the signing of Leny Yoro after deciding not to match Manchester United’s offer for the 18-year-old defender.

With the French prodigy now on his way to the Premier League, Los Blancos are assessing their options before deciding whether to sign a new centre-back or not.

As things stand, the reigning champions of Spain and Europe seem to be leaning towards relying on their existing options rather than going into the market.

Jesus Vallejo unlikely to leave

As such, MARCA reports that the likelihood of Jesus Vallejo leaving the club have now significantly reduced.

Indeed, the 27-year-old out-of-favour defender now appears more and more likely to continue at Real Madrid beyond this summer.

Set to stay. (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

Vallejo returned to the Santiago Bernabeu after finishing his loan stint at Granada during which he hardly played due to injury and fitness woes.

As such, reports suggested that Carlo Ancelotti & co. were not planning on counting on him next season, even though he was handed a new shirt number recently.

But with the Leny Yoro operation collapsing and Real Madrid not keen on recruiting anyone from the market at this point, the Spanish ace is now unlikely to leave the club.

With David Alaba still sidelined, Antonio Rudiger and Eder Militao will start the new season as the first-choice centre-back pairing and Vallejo will serve as the backup while Aurelien Tchouameni will also be an option.

Vallejo, for his part, wanted to stay put and see out his contract which expires in 2025. And, as things stand, it appears that the player will get his wish.

Continue Reading