Atletico Madrid News
Atletico Madrid interested in West Ham striker after missing out on summer deal
Atletico Madrid are looking at a reshuffle of their attacking department in January. Having already parted ways with Matheus Cunha, the Rojiblancos are likely to bid goodbye to Joao Felix as well.
The Portuguese international scored in Atleti’s 2-0 win over Elche on Thursday night, but is unlikely to remain a Rojiblanco for much longer, having been pushing for an exit for some time.
The likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea are said to be interested in Felix. And his potential exit, coupled with Cunha leaving, will create a void in Diego Simeone’s attacking unit.
Thus, a new centre-forward is expected to arrive at the Civitas Metropolitano next month. Recent reports suggested that Borja Iglesias of Real Betis had emerged as Atletico Madrid’s priority target.
However, the Spaniard is likely to be an expensive option as he has a long-term contract with Los Verdiblancos. Hence, the Colchoneros are also looking at other possible targets in the market.
And according to Antonio Ruiz of COPE, West Ham United striker Gianluca Scamacca is a player that Atletico Madrid are interested in and are closely following.
The Italian striker had been on the La Liga giants’ radars in the summer as well, but a move could not be completed and Sassuolo sold him to West Ham United.
However, he has failed to settle down in London thus far, with the Hammers’ boss David Moyes being unable to coax the best out of the Italian hitman. In 13 Premier League matches, Scamacca has scored just two goals thus far, leading to rumours of an early exit.
Atletico Madrid are said to be keeping close tabs on Scamacca and his situation at West Ham. However, considering the big investment that the Hammers made on his signing in the summer, it is unlikely that they will be letting him leave just after half a season.
So, Los Colchoneros would be better served pushing for Iglesias or Enes Unal, who is also on their radars.
Atletico Madrid News
Atletico Madrid monitoring teenage striker with €40 million release clause – Romano
According to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, Atletico Madrid are among the clubs monitoring the progress of UD Almeria striker Marciano Sanca.
The 19-year-old Guinea-Bissau forward joined Almeria from Portuguese outfit Leixoes in January last year, linking up with the club’s B team.
Marciano has made three league appearances Almeria’s reserve team and has not scored a goal yet. The teenager has been training with the first-team setup regularly and Romano claims that he is close to making his debut in La Liga.
While he might not have made a splash at the senior level yet, Marciano seems to be already gathering admirers with Atletico Madrid, Villarreal and Brighton & Hove Albion said to be tracking the youngster.
Los Rojiblancos are set to enter the market for a new centre-forward as Joao Felix is expected to be sold permanently while Alvaro Morata’s future is also not entirely certain.
So even though Diego Simeone has Memphis Depay, Angel Correa, and Morata at his disposal, Atletico Madrid will dive into the market for a new striker with there being links to Mateo Retegui of Boca Juniors, currently on loan at Tigre.
Now, Marciano has also emerged as a potential target or Atletico Madrid, although signing him will not be easy in the summer.
Even though the 19-year-old’s contract expires in 2024, he is bound by a release clause worth €40 million and Almeria intend to keep him at the club beyond this season.
So, the La Liga club might hold out for the entire release clause amount in order to stave off potential suitors like Atletico Madrid, who are not in a position to make such an investment on an unproven youngster.