Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Atletico Madrid loanee defends Real Madrid ace Vinicius: “Because he is better”

Published

on

RABAT, MOROCCO - FEBRUARY 08: Vinicius Junior of Real Madrid during the FIFA Club World Cup Morocco 2022 Semi Final match between Al Ahly v Real Madrid CF at Prince Moulay Abdellah on February 08, 2023 in Rabat, Morocco. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)
Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images

Real Madrid winger Vinicius Jr has reached a difficult point in his career in Spain. The Brazilian is the most fouled player in Europe’s top five leagues by a sizeable margin and also regularly faces racial abuse from opposition fans.

While a significant fraction of fans feel that Vinicius is targeted unfairly on the field, there are some who hold the opinion that he is the creator of his own situation through provocative actions.

Atletico Madrid loanee Joao Felix recently gave an interview where he spoke about the Brazilian winger’s delicate situation.

The Portuguese phenom, who joined Chelsea on loan in January, supported the Real Madrid player and refused to accept that Vinicius was at fault in any way, as revealed by AS.

“Vinicius does not provoke. Maybe they criticize him because he is better than the others,” he said.

Felix then went on to highlight the importance of maintaining the edge in football and added that football was far more than just shooting and defending.

“I don’t understand the criticism against Viní Jr. You (journalists) say he ‘provokes’, but he is not provocative. It’s his football. Football is not just shooting or defending. Football should have magic.”

Vinicius has participated in all 20 La Liga games for Real Madrid so far this season, scoring seven goals and providing three assists in the process. He was once again on point when the European champions took on Al Ahly in the Club World Cup semifinal earlier this week and scored the team’s opener to blow the tie open.

Serious steps must be taken to curb the atrocities the youngster faces on the field, both physically and psychologically. If not, the men in white could stand to lose one of their brightest stars.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid teenage prodigy needs to play more, insists national team manager

Published

on

Real Madrid's Turkish midfielder #24 Arda Guler watches from the bench the UEFA Champions League group C football match between Real Madrid CF and SC Braga at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on November 8, 2023. (Photo by Thomas COEX / AFP) (Photo by THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images)
Photo by THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images

The situation with Arda Guler at Real Madrid has become tense in recent days. The Turkish phenom has not been at the receiving end of many minutes despite completing his recovery from injuries, and the player is now getting fed up with his situation.

It is, however, not just Guler who is affected by the situation. With the European Championships coming up, the 19-year-old looks likely to enter the competition with Turkey with no match fitness, and his international federation is far from happy with his situation.

Turkey manager speaks out

Speaking at the recent sponsorship event of the Turkish National Team, head coach Vincenzo Montella was asked to comment on Guler’s situation at Real Madrid.

As a former Sevilla coach and with knowledge of how La Liga works, he understood the circumstances and hoped for the player to see more minutes.

“He is playing very little, but I hope he can do it from now on because he has a lot of talent,” he said, as quoted by SPORT.

Vincenzo Montella wants Arda Guler to play more at Real Madrid. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

Montella went on to reinstate that he still maintains complete confidence in the Real Madrid star’s abilities for the upcoming tournament, despite his drought for minutes.

“We are following him very carefully. We want our players to be in their best physical condition for the European Championship.”

Exit on the cards?

Guler has played only 92 minutes all season and is now vexed by his helplessness. As revealed yesterday, he feels misguided and is unhappy with how the circumstances are currently.

The disappointed star, thus, could seek an exit, potentially on loan, from the club next summer if his situation does not improve.

But with Jude Bellingham and Brahim Diaz both on song, it does not appear like Guler’s chance in Madrid will arrive anytime soon.

Carlo Ancelotti retains faith in the Turkish star, and it remains to be seen if he looks to turn the player’s fortune around in the coming months.

Continue Reading