Connect with us

Atletico Madrid News

Atletico Madrid president on Vinicius Jr’s celebration: “I’m going to ask him to teach me”

Published

on

Photo by GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP via Getty Images

Speaking on Radio MARCA, Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has opined on the controversy surrounding Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Jr’s dancing celebrations after he scores a goal.

The Brazilian was targeted by RCD Mallorca stars in Real Madrid’s last La Liga clash for his celebrations and flair-filled display.

Following that Atletico Madrid captain Koke commented that the crowd at the Civitas Metropolitano might not take it well if the 22-year-old pulled out the dance at any point during the derby.

At the same time, the president of the Spanish Football Agents Association made a remark that had a racist connotation against Vinicius, which has blown the issue to a whole new level.

Since then, the Brazilian international has garnered a lot of support from the entire footballing community.

And now, Atletico Madrid president, Enrique Cerezo has also weighed in on the topic, claiming that Vinicius is well within his right to celebrate as he deems fit. The Rojiblancos’ supremo even joked that he would seek dancing tips from the Brazilian.

“If Vinicius dances, I’m going to ask him to teach me how to dance the samba, because I have to go to Brazil. If he wants to celebrate it, let him celebrate with respect,” Cerezo said.

There have been reports that the Real Madrid forward is worried that Atletico fans might throw objects at him during the game. So, all eyes will be on Vinicius when the two teams take the field at the Civitas Metropolitano in a few hours’ time.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Mokgothu Edward Leboko

    September 19, 2022 at 4:53 pm

    Why people like to take simple things to such extremes,can just a simple dance annoy people in this way?.Vinicious is just celebrating his goals,he doesn’t any gestures that might be interpreted as offending some.
    The boy plays football to his best,no one can do anything about it,leave him to it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Atletico Madrid News

Atletico Madrid will try to sign Arsenal, Liverpool target for free in the summer

Published

on

Photo by Adam Pretty/Getty Images

Atletico Madrid saw a lot of movement during the January transfer window as they saw several players leave, while also bringing in a couple of new faces in.

But one player who they tried to sign and could not is Borussia Monchengladbach forward Marcus Thuram.

Indeed, according to AS, was on the top of director Andrea Berta’s list for the winter window as he is in the final six months of his contract. But, Gladbach asked for a fee of around €10-12 million to offload him, which prompted Atletico Madrid to move for Depay instead.

But the report states that Thuram continues to be on the agenda at the Civitas Metropolitano and Berta will try to sign him again in the summer transfer window.

However, there will be intense competition for the 25-year-old’s services given that he will be available for a free transfer at the end of the season.

Juventus and Inter Milan have shown an interest in Thuram, but there are a lot of clubs in England wishing to sign him up.

Indeed, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are all said to be gunning for the French forward’s signing while more clubs could join the list of his suitors as days progress.

So, it will be important for Atletico Madrid to achieve a top-four finish in La Liga and qualify for the UEFA Champions League for next season if they wish to attract a player of Thuram’s capability and calibre.

The 25-year-old has netted 13 goals and set up four more in 19 matches across all competitions. His ability to play anywhere across the frontline makes him an attractive prospect for interested parties such as Atletico.

But given the intense competition, Diego Simeone & co. will need to act swiftly if they wish to sign Thuram.

Continue Reading