Connect with us

Atletico Madrid News

Atletico Madrid told to shell out €7 million to sign Barcelona striker; player keen to move

Published

on

Photo by JOSEP LAGO/AFP via Getty Images

Atletico Madrid have had a busy January transfer window so far. The club have already sanctioned the exits of Joao Felix and Matheus Cunha, while others are expected to follow suit.

Cunha and Felix’s exit, though, have left a void in the attacking department, prompting the club to look for an attacker. Memphis Depay, for one, has emerged as the transfer priority for Atleti, who are already in talks with Barcelona over the Dutchman.

Fabrizio Romano has recently claimed that Depay is prioritising a move to the Civitas Metropolitano amid speculations linking him to a move to Inter Milan.

Directo Gol have gone on to confirm the report. In fact, the Spanish news outlet claims that the former Manchester United starlet has agreed to join the club in this ongoing January transfer window.

However, Atletico Madrid may potentially face a roadblock in their pursuit of the Dutch international. This is because Barcelona have appeared reluctant in offloading the attacker on a cut-price deal, even though the player’s contract at Camp Nou expires at the end of the season.

Directo Gol suggests Barcelona are looking for a fee of up to €7 million for Depay, which is a fortune given that the attacker only has six months left in his deal.

Quite naturally, Atleti have shown no intention to meet Barcelona’s demands. They are also not open to offering Yannick Carrasco in a swap deal, meaning the two parties could be set for an elongated round of talks as they look to reach an agreement over Depay’s sale.

Barcelona, for their part, might look to delay the negotiations knowing the club are without the services of Robert Lewandowski in La Liga until January 29. With Ferran Torres also serving a suspension, the presence of Depay could be useful for the Catalans in the coming week.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Atletico Madrid News

Official: Atletico Madrid sign Tottenham Hotspur defender on a free transfer

Published

on

Photo by BEN STANSALL/AFP via Getty Images

Atletico Madrid have made their final move of the winter transfer window, completing the signing of Matt Doherty from Tottenham Hotspur on a free transfer.

The Irish international has seen little to no minutes in the league this season, and had his contract mutually terminated by Tottenham before he made the switch to Atletico on deadline day.

This comes on the back of a three-way switch. Spurs signed Pedro Porro from Sporting Lisbon, who have reportedly replaced him with Hector Bellerin from Barcelona, while enabling Doherty’s switch to La Liga.

This is only Atletico’s second winter transfer for this window. They had signed Memphis Depay earlier this month from Barcelona on a €3 million 2.5-year deal.

That said, they have managed to offload Joao Felix to Chelsea, Mathus Cunha to Wolverhampton Wanderers, and Marcos Paulo to Sao Paolo. Atletico also managed to register Pablo Barrios to the first-team after his impressive displays in the first-half of the season.

Continue Reading