Real Madrid News
Benfica are no longer interested in signing Real Madrid midfielder
Just last week Reinier Jesus was reported to have garnered attention from SL Benfica for a loan move. However, O Jogo, as relayed by Foot Mercato, now reports that the Portuguese club have changed their minds regarding their position on the Brazilian’s loan move.
Jesus has not had the best of times at Real Madrid after his transfer to the Spanish capital from Flamengo in 2020. Having not played a single game for the senior team, the 20-year-old was loaned out to Bundesliga’s Borussia Dortmund on a 2-year deal.
Having not made any sort of positive impact with the Bundesliga runners-up, the Brazilian is back at Real and back on the loan list. Lisbon-based ‘Record’ and ‘UOL Esporte’ both claimed last week that Benfica was interested in negotiating a loan deal for the Brazilian playmaker.
The interest was confirmed when Reinier Jesus’ father publicly spoke about a potential deal: “My son is very excited and enthusiastic, when a club the size of Benfica wants you, it is impossible to be happy,” he told Record.
However, it seems the loan deal has fallen through as Real Madrid did not agree with some of the terms that Benfica was looking at. Benfica had been looking to include an affordable purchase option and a split on the salary of the player.
Even though Real Valladolid and Roma have expressed interest, no team has formally made an offer as of yet. Madrid is reportedly just seeking to provide a one-year dry loan and would be ready to cover a portion of Reinier’s €3 million salary.
According to AS, the player would love to remain in Spain and is considering joining Real Valladolid. It still remains to be seen whether Valladolid’s interest in him bears any fruit, or will be just another rumour that dries away with time.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.