Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Boost for Real Madrid as injured star returns to training ahead of Osasuna encounter

Published

on

Photo by Alex Grimm/Getty Images

Real Madrid will resume the defence of their La Liga crown after the international break on Sunday when they play hosts to CA Osasuna at the Santiago Bernabeu.

And ahead of the game, the reigning champions of Spain and Europe have been handed an injury boost as Lucas Vazquez is back in training with the rest of the team, reports journalist Jorge Picon.

The 31-year-old right-back had sustained an injury during Los Blancos’ win against RCD Mallorca a couple of weeks back and had to be taken off after 70 minutes.

Following that, the versatile star, who can play as a winger and a right-back, missed the matches against RB Leipzig in the UEFA Champions League and Atletico Madrid in La Liga.

During the international break, the Spaniard was undergoing his recovery at the club’s Valdebebas training facilities.

But there had been uncertainties over his involvement in the clash against Osasuna. Reports had indicated that Vazquez would likely miss the match against Jagoba Arrasate’s side.

However, as per the latest update, the 31-year-old has joined the rest of his teammates in group training on the eve of the Osasuna encounter, offering a boost to manager Carlo Ancelotti.

It is uncertain if he will be involved on Sunday or not, but his return to training means that Luka Modric is the only player currently injured at Real Madrid.

The veteran star sustained a minor injury while on international duty with Croatia. He is expected to miss two or three matches over the next week, but should be in line to return for El Clasico against Barcelona on October 16.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

La Liga president says Real Madrid won’t have issues with Mbappe salary, praises Bellingham: “Best in the world”

Published

on

Photo by PAU BARRENA/AFP via Getty Images

Javier Tebas may be at war with Florentino Perez over the Super League, but the La Liga president has always been a vocal supporter of Real Madrid.

Not too long ago, he spoke extensively about Real Madrid’s possible signings of Kylian Mbappe and Alphonso Davies, going as far as to state that the Frenchman might have already signed a deal with Los Blancos.

Speaking at the Football Business Summit in London recently, Tebas once again unravelled many questions about Real Madrid’s financial situations while also touching upon Kylian Mbappe and Jude Bellingham.

On finances and Mbappe

He began by praising Los Blancos for navigating their finances with utmost caution during the crucial years of the pandemic in addition to their splendid revenue generation as revealed by Mundo Deportivo.

“Real Madrid have had a very optimal management, before, during and after the pandemic. Madrid have been earning an average of €30 million per year in the last ten years at least.”

“I don’t know what they are going to pay Mbappé, but knowing their financial situation, they are not going to have a problem paying him. I think it will be much less than what PSG pays him,” he added on the speculated arrival of Mbappe.

Mbappe will soon be a Real Madrid player. (Photo by SEBASTIEN SALOM-GOMIS/AFP via Getty Images)

Speaking about how Real Madrid are able to make such massive signings while other clubs in the league continue to struggle to meet La Liga’s spending limits, the league president said,

“They have removed two large salary burdens in recent years, Eden Hazard and Gareth Bale. And then they incorporated players with not-so-high investments.

“Real Madrid have then had great benefits, they achieved a significant reduction in the salaries of the players.”

Tebas further stressed the fact that Real Madrid’s financial situation was so rosy that they could invest massive amounts in squad reinforcements without facing any repercussions for the same. He insisted that it was not a bias in any way but a reward for a team that managed situations well.

“We can’t limit the one who is doing well. According to January data, Madrid could invest €700 million euros in transfers. They will not spend that at all, but the situation is so good that they could.”

Praise for Bellingham

Finally, the Spanish administrator praised Real Madrid star Jude Bellingham for his imperious form this season and went as far as to call him the best player in the world.

“Bellingham is currently the best player in the world, for his fitness and his way of playing. It is very important for us to have the best, even if you don’t always have everyone, to grow and for everything.”

“If we are all honest, he has exceeded everyone’s expectations and we hope that he will continue like this for many years,” he concluded.

Continue Reading