Real Madrid News
Borussia Dortmund value Real Madrid target at €150 million, Premier League clubs keen
Since Jude Bellingham has etched his reputation as one of the finest young players in the world at Borussia Dortmund, he has been linked with a move to Real Madrid.
As Los Blancos seem focused on transitioning smoothly from their legendary midfield of Casemiro, Toni Kroos and Luka Modric, the Englishman has been rumoured as the club’s prime target to join Aurelien Tchouameni and Eduardo Camavinga to succeed the iconic trio.
However, it has been revealed that Dortmund will demand a pretty penny to let the 19-year-old depart the side in the summer of 2023.
According to the latest information provided by The Athletic, the German giants have set a valuation of €150 million for the potential sale of Jude Bellingham.
It has also been mentioned that there is no release clause in the teenager’s current contract, which only runs out in 2025.
Ultimately, the lack of any release clause gives the Bundesliga side a major advantage in their bid to demand a record-breaking fee for the former Birmingham City prospect.
Unlike in the case of Erling Haaland, in which Dortmund were forced to let him leave for £51 million, due to the release clause in place for the player, the club are in a position of power in the case of Bellingham.
With Real Madrid also competing with a queue of top clubs such as Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester United for the youngster’s signature, Edin Terzic’s side can refuse to budge from a set valuation for arguably the best young midfielder in Europe.
As a result, only time will tell just how much Carlo Ancelotti’s men push to sign Bellingham, considering they have the in-form Federico Valverde at their disposal as well.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.