Real Madrid News
Brahim Diaz talks Real Madrid future, Messi-esque celebration, Barcelona vs Inter Milan
Brahim Diaz has said that he is not putting much thought behind his future with Real Madrid, adding that he is currently enjoying his life on loan at AC Milan and is only focused on the games to come.
Diaz, 23, joined Real Madrid in January 2019 for a fee reported to be around €17 million. Signing a six-and-a-half-year contract, the attacking midfielder moved to Milan on a two-year loan deal in 2021 after having already completed the 2020/21 season on loan with the Serie A giants.
The Spaniard has so far played ten games across all competitions for Milan, scoring two goals and providing one assist.
One of those two strikes came against Juventus over the weekend which led to his team beating the Turin-based club 2-0 as they continue to chase table-toppers Napoli in the league.
Diaz has been excellent for Milan this season, but it is still difficult to see him getting regular minutes once he returns to Madrid at the end of the season.
Hence, in an interview on SER’s ‘Carrusel Canalla‘ (h/t AS), the 23-year-old explained his current state of mind with regard to his future at Real Madrid.
“Now I’m focused on Milan. What happens later, will happen later,” explained the former Manchester City midfielder.
“The future will be seen, we don’t know what can happen tomorrow, I’m at Milan and I want to perform and give 100%. The fans love me a lot. I’m at a great club and I’m focused on the next game and focused on Milan,” he explained.
While his goal against Juventus was only his second strike of the season, what appeared to have caught everyone’s attention was his celebration. The 23-year-old enjoyed his goal with a Lionel Messi-esque celebration as he pulled off his shirt and held it towards the crowd.
Talking about it, he said, “We had to win and that’s how it was done. Did I celebrate like Messi? No, no, I celebrated it like that out of emotion. It was not planned.”
Lastly, Diaz was asked about which team he would support when Inter Milan take on Barcelona at Spotify Camp Nou in the UEFA Champions League. He dodged the question by simply saying, ‘may the best win’.
“I had this one ready for me. They are great teams with great players. May the best win,” he concluded.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.