Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Carlo Ancelotti responds to rumours of Mbappe to Real Madrid in January

Published

on

Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images

Over the past 24 hours, the rumour mill has been going wild with speculations about Kylian Mbappe wanting to leave Paris Saint-Germain at the earliest possible.

Even though PSG director Luis Campos has denied any such development, it seems like the 23-year-old French superstar is unsettled and unhappy at Parc des Princes and is already pushing for a separation of ways, just five months after he signed a lucrative contract.

And, it has also been claimed that the 2018 FIFA World Cup winner desires to join Real Madrid, even though he had snubbed the Merengues in favour of a new contract at the French capital club.

Contradicting reports are emerging on Real Madrid’s stance on the matter, with some publications saying that Los Blancos are favourites to land Mbappe while others claim that Florentino Perez & co. want nothing to do with the French international.

Following the Spanish and European champions’ 1-1 draw against Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night, a journalist from Canal+ asked manager Carlo Ancelotti if he sees Mbappe arriving at Real Madrid in the January transfer window.

In response, the Italian tactician said (h/t Canal+): “Let’s stay serious, please! You are brave to ask me that. I don’t have to answer.”

At one point earlier this year, Mbappe looked certain to join Real Madrid from PSG on a free transfer, with his contract expiring. However, the Frenchman made a last-minute swerve and signed a bumper new contract with the French club, leaving Los Blancos red-faced.

But, with his situation in Parc des Princes said to be unstable, it will certainly be interesting to see if Real Madrid consider rekindling their interest in Mbappe or whether they have closed the book on that matter for good.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Video – Barcelona fans chant ‘Vinicius d*e’ ahead of their UCL clash

Published

on

Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images

In what is starting to become an alarmingly common occurrence, a set of Barcelona fans were spotted hurling abusive chants towards Real Madrid superstar Vinicius Jr.

Barça will be facing PSG in the UEFA Champions League quarterfinal today in less than an hour and in the lead-up to the game, a section of the Catalans’ supporters were seen chanting “Vinicius, die” on the streets.

It is not the first time this has happened, with Vinicius being constantly targeted by not only Barcelona fans but supporters of a number of other La Liga clubs.

In fact, last month, Barcelona fans were seen hurling the same chants before their UEFA Champions League Round of 16 tie against Napoli.

The same had happened outside Estadi Olimpic Lluis Companys in Montjuic prior to the Clasico in October last year.

Moreover, this past weekend, a Mallorca fan at Son Moix directed racist abuse towards Vinicius’ Real Madrid teammate, Aurelien Tchouameni.

It is shocking and embarrassing that these incidents continue to occur. It remains to be seen if any action is taken by the concerned authorities against those involved.

Continue Reading