Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Deschamps ordered the departure of Karim Benzema from Qatar through team doctor

Published

on

Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images

Karim Benzema has been one of the world’s most prolific strikers in recent times. Ever since the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo, the veteran forward has stepped up his game and has become the leader of the Real Madrid frontline.

The striker was even rewarded for his contributions at Real Madrid with a Ballon d’Or title earlier this year. However, even though Benzema has been wildly successful during his time at Real Madrid, he has been never been able to express himself in the French national team.

Several reports within French media have suggested that Benzema never trains to full capacity when he is training with the French national team, which leaves coach Didier Deschamps somewhat betrayed.

In a recent report, Diario AS (h/t Los Blancos Live) has relayed the words of the French team doctor, who has revealed that it was indeed Deschamps who had ordered the attacker to return to Madrid after he picked up a tragic injury just before the start of the World Cup.

“I’m sorry, Karim, you have to leave,” the doctor had told Benzema. He later revealed that his ‘cold’ words to Benzema were based on the orders of Deschamps, who was present but opted to remain silent.

This comes in the midst of reports that suggest that the report Real Madrid received for Benzema was not serious enough for the player to be sent back home.

Several reports also claim that the French team was happier without the Real Madrid frontman and even though there was a scope for the forward to return during the knockout stages, the French team, led by Deschamps, continued to operate without the veteran.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid pondered summer move for 18-year-old Dutch prodigy before his renewal

Published

on

Photo by Christof Koepsel/Getty Images

Real Madrid saw their priority centre-back target Leny Yoro sign for Premier League giants Manchester United this Thursday.

Even though the Merengues appeared to be in the driver’s seat as far as the race for his transfer was concerned, their reluctance to shell out the big bucks eventually led to Lille selling him to United.

It has left Real Madrid in limbo with regard to their plans for the centre-back signing. As things stand, the news coming from the club is that nobody will be signed unless a bargain option comes up.

Real Madrid considered signing Jorrel Hato

As far as some of the names on Real Madrid’s radars are concerned, Al-Nassr’s Aymeric Laporte is said to be on the agenda, with the Spaniard understood to be keen on a return to Europe.

Meanwhile, a report from AS states that Real Madrid also considered making a move for Ajax teenage prodigy Jorrel Hato but abandoned the idea after he signed a new contract.

Real Madrid were briefly interested in Jorrel Hato. (Photo by BART STOUTJESDIJK/ANP/AFP via Getty Images)

Hato, who turned 18 in March this year, has already become a regular for Ajax, racking up 61 senior appearances despite his young age.

Like Yoro, he was also followed by Real Madrid as his contract was set to expire in 2025 and he fit the profile that the Spanish champions were looking for.

However, soon after he turned 18 in March, Ajax swiftly moved to hand him a new contract, securing his future until 2028. With that, Hato’s name was taken off the table at Real Madrid.

Another name that has been touted as an option is Union Berlin’s Diego Leite, who Real Madrid have watched in the past and could be available for €18 million.

As things stand, though, Real Madrid are calm about the situation and are counting on David Alaba to recover while also being prepared to rely on Aurelien Tchouameni as an option at centre-back.

Continue Reading