Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Federico Valverde does not regret punching Alex Baena – report

Published

on

Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images

Last Saturday saw Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde spark major controversy as he punched Villarreal star Alex Baena in the face in the bus park area of the Santiago Bernabeu following the La Liga encounter between the two teams.

Valverde’s entourage alleged that the midfielder’s actions were sparked by distasteful and incendiary comments made by Baena towards the Uruguayan’s wife and the pregnancy complications she had faced earlier this year.

But, Baena came out and declined those claims while also going on to file a complaint on Valverde with the National Police.

The Real Madrid midfielder has largely been quiet on the matter, apart from a brief media interaction earlier this week when he said he was doing fine.

Now, The Athletic’s Mario Cortegana has come up with a fresh report detailing the situation that Valverde finds himself in currently after the incident with Baena.

As per the report, the midfielder is currently under no investigation from the Spanish Football Authorities as the incident was not reported in the referee’s official report.

Meanwhile, Valverde is understood to have made it known that he does not regret punching Baena as he continues to insist that the Villarreal midfielder made vile remarks about his family in January.

Real Madrid are understood to have instructed the Uruguayan international and his entourage to maintain silence on the matter, same as his lawyers.

Valverde, for his part, would prefer to speak openly on the matter but believes that it is best for the club for him to stay quiet on the matter for now.

As for any sporting sanctions, Monday could be a crucial day as the Anti-Violence Commission will study the case and make a decision on the matter.

They could either advise the Spanish FA to take the case, which could result in a possible two to four-match ban. In an alternate scenario, the Anti-Violence Commission itself could decide to punish Valverde, potentially leading to a ban on all sports-related activities for a period.

As things stand, though the Spanish FA sources have told The Athletic they do not expect Valverde to be banned.

In the meantime, Valverde is also waiting on any possible criminal charges after Baena’s complaint to the National Police.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Multiple Real Madrid legends set to attend Kylian Mbappe’s presentation – report

Published

on

Photo by FABRICE COFFRINI/AFP via Getty Images

With the major international tournaments all wrapped up, Real Madrid fans can finally realize their dream of witnessing Kylian Mbappe take his first steps in the Santiago Bernabeu.

After much anticipation, the Frenchman’s signing was officially announced by the Merengues right after the UEFA Champions League final.

Now, the moment for his presentation is edging closer, and Real Madrid intends to make it a grand occasion befitting his talents.

Real Madrid have invited multiple legends

Indeed, according to Rodra several Real Madrid legends have been personally invited to attend Kylian Mbappe’s highly anticipated presentation at the Bernabeu tomorrow.

Their presence highlights the significance of this moment, celebrating the arrival of one of football’s brightest talents to the illustrious ranks of Real Madrid.

The player’s presentation, which is expected to be a huge event at Santiago Bernabeu on July 16th, was announced by the administration just under a week ago.

Mbappe will be presented as a Real Madrid player tomorrow. (Photo by Alex Grimm/Getty Images)

The 2018 World Cup winner is the first new recruit to be presented at the Santiago Bernabeu following complete renovations and thus the club aims to mark it as a special occasion.

In order to make it a memorable event, the Merengues have big plans for the presentation tomorrow.

Indeed, Mbappe will make a grand entrance at the Bernabeu, walking along a specially installed catwalk from the changing room exit to a stage set up at the North end of the stadium.

Full-house expected

All tickets for Kylian Mbappe’s presentation have been completely sold out, with not a single seat remaining, not even in the remotest corners of the venue.

Within just under 2 hours, all tickets for the event sold out, including the premium VIP seats. Priority was naturally given to club members and season ticket holders.

And now it appears some of the most iconic players from Real Madrid’s history will also be present to watch the event unfold.

Continue Reading