Real Madrid News
France manager talks Benzema’s injury situation and Camavinga’s selection for World Cup
A lot has been said about Karim Benzema missing Real Madrid’s final three matches ahead of the FIFA World Cup. Some theories even talk of a possible conspiracy, saying that he faked his injury to keep himself fit for the global tournament.
France National Team manager Didier Deschamps gave an interview to TF1 last night, after he named the squad for the World Cup, where he had a lot to say about the striker.
Speaking about Benzema’s injury situation and fitness ahead of the World Cup, Deschamps said,
“He knows that the World Cup is a very important moment for him. He will do everything, like the whole group, to be ready on November 22.”
He then revealed the reason for the striker’s fitness troubles and held his excessive game time responsible for the same.
“There was a period where Benzema played too much and is now paying the price with small injuries. But he knows the World Cup is important.”
The manager shut down all rumours of Benzema intentionally not playing for Los Blancos and revealed the striker’s recovery status.
“It’s not that Benzema did not want to play for Real Madrid, he was just not ready. But I’m sure he will be ready for the World Cup.”
Eduardo Camavinga’s call-up to the National Team was a pleasant surprise for Real Madrid fans, for the player had been far from his best in the minutes he played for the club this season.
Deschamps justified his decision of calling up the youngster and called his versatility a big advantage, saying:
“Things happen when he’s on the pitch. He doesn’t get everything right, he has a preferred position but having his versatility is an advantage.”
Along with Camavinga and Benzema, Aurelien Tchouameni is another Real Madrid player who made the cut to the France squad for the FIFA World Cup 2022. But Ferland Mendy missed out on the final list released by Deschamps.
Real Madrid News
Turkish giants to go all-out to sign Real Madrid outcast – report
There is no way back for Eden Hazard at Real Madrid. The Belgian international has not given the management any reason to have faith in his abilities over his past four seasons at the club and is unsurprisingly the most important departure for the Merengues in the summer.
Hazard has one more year on his contract in Madrid. However, it is clear that Carlo Ancelotti does not trust him and that any potential replacement manager in the summer will echo his stance.
According to reports from Mundo Deportivo, Fenerbahce are willing to go all out to sign Hazard this summer. The Turkish side have made the former Chelsea their prime target, yet face a steep task ahead of them.
The 32-year-old is hellbent on seeing out his contract with Los Blancos despite seeing his career sink right before his eyes. It thus becomes complicated for the party to lure away the forward, especially in a competition outside Europe’s top five leagues.
Fenerbahce attempted to sign the winger in the recently concluded winter transfer market. They reached an agreement with Real Madrid but failed to get over the line as they could not convince the player of the move.
The biggest obstacle for the Turkish side will be convincing Hazard to make the move by letting go of his lucrative contract in Madrid. The chances are slim, but not impossible.
Hazard has made just three league appearances and one start for Ancelotti’s side this season in La Liga, a steep fall from last season’s 18 and seven respectively.
His last appearance for the team came back in January when Real Madrid faced Cacereno in the Copa del Rey. In La Liga however, he last played in September 2022 in a 4-1 win over Mallorca.