Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Getafe coach apologises to Bellingham after claims about Greenwood transfer

Published

on

Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images

Earlier in the week, Getafe coach Jose Bordalas made a splash in the Spanish footballing media when he made a claim about Jude Bellingham.

Bordalas said that Bellingham played a key role in helping Mason Greenwood join Getafe this summer, after his contract was terminated by Manchester United.

Bordalas issues apology to Bellingham

Bordalas’ comments on Bellingham and Greenwood raised a lot of eyebrows, and needless to say, it did not go well with Bellingham’s entourage.

The Englishman’s environment was unhappy with Bordalas’ comments, as he had not played any role in convincing Greenwood to come to La Liga.

In a recent media interaction, Bordalas issued an apology to Bellingham, stating (h/t The Athletic), “I wanted to clear up a misunderstanding there has been. I said that Mason Greenwood came to Getafe because he had spoken to Bellingham.”

“It has been clarified to me that this was not the case. I apologise. Mason arrived in a different way. It was our interest and they offered him to me and we were very interested. I just wanted to clarify that, it was not a bad intention,” he added.

Greenwood had found himself in all kinds of trouble a few years ago when he received allegations of sexual assault.

Following a long absence, Man United issued a statement earlier this summer, confirming that he will not be a part of the team this season.

As a result, Greenwood joined Getafe on a loan deal, in a desperate attempt to revive his career after a long spell without any footballing action.

The Englishman made his La Liga debut on Sunday, featuring in the win over Osasuna. Although the forward did not play a key role in the game, everything suggests he could be an interesting attacking outlet for the club this season.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid out-of-favour defender now unlikely to leave the club

Published

on

Photo by GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid missed out on the signing of Leny Yoro after deciding not to match Manchester United’s offer for the 18-year-old defender.

With the French prodigy now on his way to the Premier League, Los Blancos are assessing their options before deciding whether to sign a new centre-back or not.

As things stand, the reigning champions of Spain and Europe seem to be leaning towards relying on their existing options rather than going into the market.

Jesus Vallejo unlikely to leave

As such, MARCA reports that the likelihood of Jesus Vallejo leaving the club have now significantly reduced.

Indeed, the 27-year-old out-of-favour defender now appears more and more likely to continue at Real Madrid beyond this summer.

Set to stay. (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

Vallejo returned to the Santiago Bernabeu after finishing his loan stint at Granada during which he hardly played due to injury and fitness woes.

As such, reports suggested that Carlo Ancelotti & co. were not planning on counting on him next season, even though he was handed a new shirt number recently.

But with the Leny Yoro operation collapsing and Real Madrid not keen on recruiting anyone from the market at this point, the Spanish ace is now unlikely to leave the club.

With David Alaba still sidelined, Antonio Rudiger and Eder Militao will start the new season as the first-choice centre-back pairing and Vallejo will serve as the backup while Aurelien Tchouameni will also be an option.

Vallejo, for his part, wanted to stay put and see out his contract which expires in 2025. And, as things stand, it appears that the player will get his wish.

Continue Reading