Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Haaland’s agent and father ’block’ Man City move with €70 million request

Published

on

Photo by INA FASSBENDER/AFP via Getty Images

The saga of Erling Haaland’s transfer seemed to have finally caught speed last month when Real Madrid and Manchester City were said to be the only two candidates capable of landing the striker. However, the progress has once again hit a roadblock after that.

According to reports from Bild via Diario AS, the reason for stalled talks between the parties is a surplus condition from the player’s representatives.

Mino Raiola and the player’s father, Alf Inge, are said to be asking for an extra €70 million as personal bonuses for completing Haaland’s transfer. This new demand has seen Manchester City hesitate and stall talks.

The Premier League side are willing to put in a total of €350 million in the form of bonuses, termination clause and salary to bring the striker home. However, they are not willing to pay the additional amount commanded by his environment.

Haaland prefers a move to Madrid but is not a fan of the idea of waiting a season to secure the move. The Norweigan international is keen to make a move this summer and start a new chapter in his story.

Whether Los Blancos are willing to shell out the extra money this window remains to be seen, but Haaland’s preference for the Spanish side gives them a slight edge. At the moment, the race for the young star is still unpredictable.

Though Dortmund remain hopeful of renewal, that ship seems to have sailed. A decision from the player is expected in the next two weeks, and Los Blancos will have to be on their feet to ensure that they steal the deal.

8 Comments

8 Comments

  1. Cityblue

    April 17, 2022 at 11:26 am

    Bored of it all now, I hope Manchester City doesn’t sign him now, we already have Julian Alvarez arriving in the summer and can find another gem for far less. Haaland has injury issues as well. Let Real Madrid have him.

    • mark Langford howard

      April 18, 2022 at 5:38 pm

      We don’t need him spend it on a left back

  2. Justin

    April 17, 2022 at 10:00 pm

    To many muscle injuries in a short term isn’t a good sign. I think City should pull out and find another striker. The club is crazy to allow these shark’s to be demanding this kind of money. Where will it end.?

  3. Ian Williams

    April 18, 2022 at 11:22 am

    Sign Erling Haaland with extravagant wages of £600,000 a week is too much that means every Manchester City team member will want high wages , not good

  4. Mark

    April 18, 2022 at 3:04 pm

    When will football clubs tell player’s you employ these agent’s you psy them not us
    70million on top of transfer fees and wages is ridiculous

  5. Stanley Jackson

    April 18, 2022 at 5:14 pm

    Definitely not worth the money for the risk being taken, far to many injuries all ready for a young player, just greed on behalf of his agent and father.
    I don’t see him as a team player the way that Pep plays and it could destroy the teams rhythm.

  6. Steve

    April 18, 2022 at 11:48 pm

    Time to move on.

  7. AJS

    April 19, 2022 at 12:55 am

    Got to he cheaper elsewhere. These very expensive signings don’t always work out. Look at Lukaku, Ronaldo & even Grealish, has he been worth £100m so far?
    Spending that kind of money will unsettle the team & break the spirit they have built under Pep.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti ‘liked’ €70 million Portuguese full-back offered to Real Madrid in January

Published

on

Photo by THOMAS KIENZLE/AFP via Getty Images

Joao Cancelo has, for a long time, been considered one of the best full-backs in the world of football. What makes the Portuguese international special is not just his ability to contribute flawlessly at both ends of the field but also the fact that he can recreate his magic on both flanks.

For a player of such quality to depart Manchester City unsurprisingly broke the internet. Cancelo signed for Bayern Munich on a six-month loan in January with a whopping €70 million purchase clause included in the paperwork.

According to reports from AS, the player preferred a move to Spain. Both Real Madrid and Barcelona were offered Cancelo’s services, and it was only after both La Liga giants rejected it that Bayern Munich got the chance to sign him.

For the Catalans, the player’s salary was the hurdle preventing his arrival. In Real Madrid’s case, however, it was the board’s reluctance to change the squad midway through the season.

For a long time now, Real Madrid have maintained a low profile in winter transfer windows. Carlo Ancelotti liked the full-back’s profile and saw him as a good fit, but the management would not hear of it.

Real Madrid have had a torrid time at the full-back position in recent weeks, indicating that the squad was in urgent need of new signings.

For almost a month, Ancelotti has been without a right-back after both Lucas Vazquez and Dani Carvajal suffered injuries. Just as the latter recovered, Ferland Mendy hobbled off the field and could miss six weeks of action.

Cancelo’s signing would have thus been the ideal way to kill two birds with one stone. Nevertheless, the management have their faith in the young Vinicius Tobias and it remains to be seen if their gamble pays off.

Continue Reading