Real Madrid News
In a dilemma: Real Madrid veteran undecided over future amid Man United links
Alongside Toni Kroos and Luka Modric, Casemiro has defined an era in the midfield of Real Madrid. For close to a decade, he has been a vital part of the Spanish team’s setup and has earned a reputation for being one of the best defensive midfielders in world football.
The Brazilian has won it all with Real Madrid including three La Liga titles and five UEFA Champions League trophies. Now, as he steps into the final phase of his career, he has one final chance to make a big move and start a new chapter as Manchester United are interested in his services.
According to reports from Andy Mitten, Casemiro is yet to decide if his future lies at Real Madrid or Manchester United. One big factor that will influence his decision is whether or not he will be a key starter for Los Blancos in 2-3 years.
Until last year, Casemiro was an irreplaceable part of Carlo Ancelotti’s setup. Moreover, given that he is still just 30, the Brazilian could easily have another 3-4 years in his tank.
However, the arrival of Aurelien Tchouameni complicates the situation. The French international is seen as the long-term replacement for Casemiro and will undoubtedly take a big slice of the veteran’s playing time in the coming years.
Manchester United not only assure game time but also promise to double his wages, an offer that would be difficult to turn down. Moreover, it is a chance for the midfielder to prove himself in a new league.
The Red Devils are willing to offer €60 million for Real Madrid’s star player. The final decision, however, will be completely down to the player.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.