Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Karim Benzema ruled out of the derby vs Atletico Madrid – report

Published

on

Photo by Ian MacNicol/Getty Images

In what will come as a blow for Real Madrid, superstar striker Karim Benzema has been definitively ruled out of the derby against Atletico Madrid, reports Rodrigo Faez.

Benzema had picked up an injury last week during Los Blancos’ UEFA Champions League clash against Celtic. Since then, the 34-year-old has not featured for the Spanish and European champions against RCD Mallorca and RB Leipzig.

There had always been question marks over Benzema’s availability for the derby on Sunday at the Civitas Metropolitano. However, the Frenchman was said to be pushing hard to make himself available for such an important fixture.

But, as per the latest update from Rodrigo Faez, it has been confirmed that Benzema will play no part for Real Madrid against their neighbours on Sunday night.

The report states that the Frenchman and the club decided together that it was important not to rush his comeback and focus on complete recovery.

So, Real Madrid and Benzema have now decided to continue with the current programme and let the striker rest and recover before he can make a return to on-field action after the international break.

Indeed, Benzema was not spotted in training with the rest of the team today, with Sergio Quirante reporting that the striker was doing his recovery work by himself in the gym. Lucas Vazquez was seen doing some light work out on the grass, but will not be available either.

Both the Real Madrid stars will now return to action when they lock horns with CA Osasuna after the two-week international break.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid midfielder receives huge praise from ex-Barcelona star: “Has no limits”

Published

on

Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images

Speaking in a recent interview with Fichajes.com (h/t GOAL), former Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has heaped praise on Real Madrid star Aurelien Tchouameni, while also revealing that he recommended the Catalans to sign him in the past.

Tchouameni arrived at Real Madrid this past summer in a deal worth €80 million plus €20 million in add-ons. Following Casemiro’s departure, he was thrust into the limelight right away by Carlo Ancelotti and the 22-year-old has not put a foot wrong since arriving.

Indeed, Tchouameni has become a key player for Ancelotti’s side and is currently starring at the FIFA World Cup 2022 with France.

Now, Fabregas, who had played with Tchouameni at AS Monaco in the past, has hailed the youngster, stating that there are no limits to what he can achieve.

During the chat, he also revealed that he had recommended Tchouameni’s signing to Barcelona but finances prohibited any move from happening.

“Yes, it’s true that I spoke to Barça about Aurelién. They wanted to start preparing the succession of Sergio Busquets and for me he was the perfect player. It was at a time when Barça were short of money and I don’t think they could offer more than €40 million,” he said.

“Then he signed for Real Madrid, he’s a permanent fixture there and he’s essential in the French national team. For me, Aurélien has no limits.”

Opening up on the first time he saw Tchouameni in action, Fabregas added: “I quickly realised he was not a player like the others. The first time I saw him was during a Ligue 1 match against Bordeaux with Monaco.

“I was on the bench and I was impressed with his performance. They beat us and I remember asking one of our assistants: “but who is this Bordeaux midfielder?”, he reminisced.

Fabregas also revealed that he was close with Tchouameni and the youngster sought advice from the former Arsenal captain, saying:

“I spoke a lot with Aurélien, we exchanged a lot of opinions, even when he came to the France national team. He asked me for a lot of advice about my career at clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, and FC Barcelona,” he said.

Continue Reading