Connect with us

Real Madrid News

La Liga clubs set to strike against the Government on 28th October

Published

on

Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images

As reported by COPE, La Liga could go on a strike against the Government next week over the passing of a law that aids the formation of the European Super League.

La Liga president Javier Tebas has informed clubs from the Spanish first and second divisions that there is a serious possibility of a strike on October 28, a day after the Extraordinary Assembly meeting he has called.

This comes in light of PP and PSOE withdrawing the amendment that they had presented as part of the new Sports Law to protect La Liga from external factors such as the European Super League project spearheaded by Real Madrid president Florentino Perez.

The said amendment intended to allow the Spanish Football Federation and La Liga the possibility of refusing a license to any club if it plays in a competition not recognized by the national, European or international federations.

However, PP and PSOE, decided to withdraw the amendment from the Law, meaning La Liga and the RFEF will not have the power to sanction the teams involved in the Super League. It had sparked an angry reaction from Tebas recently.

Following that, Tebas and 15 member clubs of the Delegated Commission of La Liga met with Miquel Iceta, the Minister of Culture and Sport last Monday to discuss the matter and explained to him how withdrawing the amendment could have an adverse effect on clubs and the competition.

They are said to have returned with positive feelings from the meeting. But since then, there has been a growing distance between the positions of the two parties, leading to tension.

Amidst this, Tebas has informed clubs that La Liga could go on strike on October 28, if the aforementioned amendment’s withdrawal is not reversed by today.

As many as 39 of the 42 clubs from Spain’s first two divisions are said to be against the new Law, with only Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Club not opposing the withdrawal of the amendment. These clubs are said to be in support of the strike in case the changes are not made.

The La Liga president has called for an Extraordinary Assembly on October 27, after which football in the first and second divisions could stop the next day.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Lille reject €50 million offer from Premier League giants for Real Madrid target

Published

on

By

Photo by SAMEER AL-DOUMY/AFP via Getty Images

A recent report from Mundo Deportivo has revealed that Lille have turned down a €50 million offer from Liverpool for Leny Yoro, a young player who is also a target for Real Madrid.

Yoro, who is just 18 years old, has caught the attention of several major European clubs during this summer’s transfer window. 

Among these clubs are Liverpool, Manchester United, and Paris Saint-Germain, all eager to sign the talented centre-back from Lille. However, they are all competing with Real Madrid, who are also very interested in Yoro.

According to sources in England, Lille recently rejected Liverpool’s offer of €50 million for the player. 

While this amount is close to what Lille have been asking for, they have set a price tag of €60 million and are in no mood to lower their demands.

Real Madrid continue to lead the race

The main challenge for clubs interested in Yoro is that many believe he has already decided to join Real Madrid

Lille have turned down €50 million offer from Liverpool for Leny Yoro. (Photo by JUSTIN TALLIS/AFP via Getty Images)

Despite this, Real Madrid have not made a formal move to negotiate with Lille, as they are unwilling to meet the €60 million asking price.

In the meantime, other clubs hoping to sign Yoro are relying on the chance that he might reconsider and choose a different team over Real Madrid. 

Liverpool, in particular, have been doubtful about their chances of securing Yoro, mainly because of Real Madrid’s interest.

Yoro wants Real Madrid

Discussions about Yoro have been widespread recently, with many suggesting that the player is aware of Real Madrid’s interest and is waiting for them to prioritise his transfer. 

However, the main sticking point remains Lille’s demand and Real Madrid, knowing that Yoro’s contract expires in the summer of 2025, are not willing to pay that much.

Given that Yoro has only one year left on his contract after this summer, Real Madrid are reluctant to enter a bidding war and pay more than they think is reasonable. 

Reports indicate that Real Madrid are not prepared to offer more than €30 million for the player.

Continue Reading