Real Madrid News
La Liga defender backs Real Madrid duo to become future Ballon d’Or winners
Ahead of Real Madrid’s La Liga encounter against Sevilla later tonight, defender Alex Telles has claimed that Los Blancos duo Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo Goes have what it takes to become Ballon d’Or winners in the future.
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez had claimed that both Vinicius and Rodrygo can win the Ballon d’Or like Karim Benzema did this year. And Telles, echoing the same sentiments, said (h/t AS):
“They have all the quality to get there. They can get what they want with work. They are young, fast and skilled, with very Brazilian characteristics. I know them well, I have to be prepared to face them, although not just the two of them, because Madrid has many stars.”
When asked if he had been in contact with the Real Madrid attacking duo since arriving in Spain last summer, Telles responded:
“They’re my siblings. I always talk to them in the Seleçao. They are world top, it will be nice to meet them again but there is no friendship on the field, it will be a fight and after finishing we will talk. I hope for the best in their games, but after Sunday.”
There had been a lot of controversy generated around Vinicius Jr’s ritual to celebrate his goals by dancing, with the Brazilian even being subjected to racist abuse. Giving his opinion on the matter, the Sevilla left-back said:
“With respect you can do what you want. We Brazilians like to celebrate with joy, to be happy. And the goal is the highest point in football. I think that Vinicius did not disrespect anyone.”
When asked about the daunting prospect of facing an in-form Real Madrid side at the Santiago Bernabeu, Telles said:
“If we are afraid we do not go out into the field. You have to go with passion, as we played the second half against Valencia and in various sections of the season. They are a very strong opposition but we are excited.”
Real Madrid News
Real Madrid not in talks with Tottenham Hotspur for 29-year-old forward
According to a recent report from Fabrizio Romano (h/t Madrid Xtra), there is nothing concrete at the moment between Harry Kane and Real Madrid. The two parties have not held any talks and a potential transfer is distant.
Los Blancos’ admiration of the English striker is not a novel development for the Spanish giants have been monitoring his situation for a couple of seasons now.
Tottenham’s high financial demands coupled with Karim Benzema’s breathtaking form kept Kane’s pursuit out of sight, but the situation has now changed.
Real Madrid’s French striker may be the current Ballon d’Or holder but he has struggled to recreate his form this season. His subpar performances and age force the club to look for a new face and Kane is unsurprisingly back in the mix.
The England captain has a contract with Spurs that runs until 2024 and he has not agreed on a new deal with the Premier League side. His dire drought for trophies at the club level could force him to move to greener pastures and there is a long line of suitors awaiting his availability.
Manchester United and Bayern Munich both, like Real Madrid, are in need of a new centre-forward and thus join the Merengues in Kane’s pursuit.
The 29-year-old striker has started 28 Premier League games for Antonio Conte’s side this season, scoring a whopping 21 goals and providing two assists in the process. The fact that his goal tally came off a relatively low xG of 15.6 shows Kane’s effectiveness in front of the goal.
Karim Benzema is likely to renew for another season, but the summer could see the Galacticos go all out for a big-name striker. Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland are some of the other names considered, though it is clear that neither of them would arrive cheap.