Javier Tebas is not someone who holds back or minces words when it comes to criticizing the controversial Super League.
In recent years, the La Liga president has taken great liberty in pointing fingers at both Real Madrid and Barcelona for supporting and propagating the tournament.
Now, in yet another media interaction, Tebas has pointed fingers, particularly at Florentino Perez, even claiming that the Real Madrid president may come up with another tournament once ESL falls.
Tebas on Florentino Perez
“Florentino Pérez will invent something if the Super League does not take place. He never loses,” Tebas said (h/t AS).
“Florentino is a great president for Real Madrid, but he is a bad manager at creating competition. You cannot tell the other clubs that Real Madrid and Barcelona will receive more money because they are founders,” the Spaniard added.
Tebas also lambasted the Premier League model because of its similarity to the proposed Super League, adding, “In European football, they call the Premier League the ‘Florentinoliga’.”
La Liga to take action against Real Madrid videos
Apart from his comments on Super League and Florentino Perez, Tebas also broke his silence on the referee topic that is reverberating around Spanish football.
Tebas confirmed that will action be taken against Real Madrid for posting videos of referees on their channel Real Madrid TV, just before key matches.
“The Spanish League will start taking action against the videos of the Real Madrid channel,” he said.
Tebas’ comments come against the backdrop of Barcelona raising an issue out of videos posted by Real Madrid TV, coupled with a few controversial refereeing decisions in Real Madrid’s recent matches.
Not to mention, the Referee’s Committee president in Spain has recently noted that the videos posted by Real Madrid do, in fact, put pressure on referees.
Ancelotti considering playing a makeshift centre-back pairing for Real Madrid against Valencia – report
Real Madrid will take on Valencia on Saturday, looking to maintain their solid lead at the top of the league table.
The Spanish giants are leading the standing with a six-point lead over Girona. A win against Valencia could help them solidify their position at the top while potentially opening up an opportunity to extend the lead to more than six points.
Heading into this game, though, Carlo Ancelotti is facing multiple setbacks, especially in the defensive unit, with Eder Militao, David Alaba and Thibaut Courtois still missing due to injuries.
This will once again put pressure on Ancelotti, as far as the team selection is concerned.
Rudiger & Tchouameni to partner at centre-back vs Valencia
Fortunately for the Real Madrid coach, much of his experimentations this season have worked, including Aurelien Tchouameni’s supreme performances at centre-back.
With that in mind, Diario AS reports Ancelotti is considering playing a makeshift central defensive pair against Valencia, comprising Antonio Rudiger and Tchouameni.
This is not the first time the young Frenchman will have to accompany Rudiger at centre-back. He did so earlier in the year when Real Madrid took on RCD Mallorca.
Interestingly, Real Madrid were able to retain a clean sheet, with Rudiger scoring the winning goal, in a narrow 1-0 victory.
What are Ancelotti’s other options?
Ancelotti will be hoping for a similar outcome this time around. However, it must be noted that the Italian will be boosted by the return of Dani Carvajal from suspension.
The veteran Spaniard can be an option at centre-back. But given the way how Tchouameni has impressed onlookers with his performances at centre-back, there is very little reason why he shouldn’t continue in the position.
Tchouameni has even been compared to Javier Mascherano by former Spanish coach Roberto Moreno.
Other than Carvajal, though, Nacho Fernandez is another option for Ancelotti. But the veteran defender is suffering with discomfort and Ancelotti has no plans to risk it.