La Liga president Javier Tebas has broken his silence over the Kylian Mbappe – Real Madrid saga and given his verdict on the potential move. In an interview relayed by ESPN, he also talks about Erling Haaland and the possibility of his arrival in Spain.
Tebas was confident that Mbappe would not be Los Blancos’ only big signing in the summer and said Haaland could be on his way to the Bernabeu too.
“Madrid will get Mbappe and [Erling] Haaland as the others [Barcelona and Juventus] are half [financially] ruined.”
He then spoke about the impact of Mbappe’s arrival on the League and its global image.
“That Mbappe comes is great news for LaLiga. It would be a joy for La Liga. It’s the best thing that could happen to La Liga.”
After giving his verdict on the Frenchman’s future, Tebas revealed that he had no first-hand information on the player. His statements were purely his personal beliefs and had no backing: “I have no information regarding Mbappe.”
The La Liga president then explained the reason behind his conviction. Tebas talked about the PSG star’s refusal to renew at Paris and implied it was a clear indication that he wanted to leave.
“But I’ve seen few cases of players who have six months left on their contracts that have not renewed their contracts and then went on to continue at the club.”
Mbappe scored a last-minute goal in PSG recent clash against Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League. The second leg is scheduled for March 9th, and Ancelotti’s side have their work cut out for them.
Real Madrid retain total confidence in Carlo Ancelotti despite derby disaster – report
Sunday night was a disappointing one for Real Madrid as they succumbed to a 3-1 defeat to arch-rivals Atletico Madrid in the Madrid derby at the Civitas Metropolitano.
The Merengues suffered their first defeat of the 2023/24 season as former striker Alvaro Morata scored a brace for the Rojiblancos while Antoine Griezmann was also on target.
Real Madrid might be feeling aggrieved by some of the calls made by the referee on the night but they were just not good enough to secure all three points at the Metropolitano.
Real Madrid retain full confidence in Ancelotti
Despite the disappointing performance and outcome, Real Madrid retain their full and total confidence in manager Carlo Ancelotti, reports Jose Felix Diaz (via RM4Arab).
There had been question marks about the team selection made by the manager for the derby against Atletico Madrid.
After all, the Italian opted to bench Joselu from the starting XI to bring in Luka Modric and shift the tactics.
Aurelien Tchouameni was also left out despite being one of the team’s strongest performers this season with Toni Kroos being preferred.
The Real Madrid hierarchy wishes for the manager to trust the next-gen midfield for the big games but Ancelotti’s selection indicated that he is still not ready to do so.
Despite there being some differences, the board retains full confidence in Ancelotti.
Ancelotti accepts blame for defeat
It was a disappointing performance from Real Madrid in their biggest test of the 2023/24 season so far and speaking after the match, manager Ancelotti accepted the blame for the outcome.
“Maybe I could have done it better. It’s pretty clear. When the team doesn’t do what it has to do, it’s my responsibility. It’s my fault,” Ancelotti said.
With the game done and dusted, Real Madrid now turn their focus towards producing a strong comeback when they face Las Palmas later this week.