Real Madrid News
Manchester United ready to pay €60 million plus add-ons for Real Madrid mainstay
Contrasting reports have come to light regarding the future of Casemiro in the last 24 hours. While some outlets say that his departure from the club is imminent, others state that he has outright rejected Manchester United’s approach.
For a long time, it was considered a prestige to play for the Red Devils but that statement is debatable now. Nevertheless, United still have the financial muscle to pull off transfers they wish as long as the player wishes to sign for them.
According to reports from MARCA, Manchester United are going all out to sign Casemiro. Internal sources confirm that they are willing to shell out a €60 million fixed fee with add-ons for the midfielder.
Moreover, it is said that they will significantly raise his salary over what he currently earns. Rumours say that the wage value proposed sits north of €400,000 per week.
Given that the midfielder is in the final stretch of his career, it would not be surprising if he prioritised the monetary aspect. Yet, it would be a big decision to leave the Champions League winners for a team that did not even qualify for the competition.
Casemiro’s contract with Real Madrid sees him at the Bernabeu until the summer of 2025. No talks of an extension have been initiated given that three years remain on the deal. Moreover, Real Madrid often do not offer long extensions to veteran players.
Needless to say, an update on the defensive midfielder’s stance is expected in the coming hours. While he is considering the offer, one can be fairly sure that he will continue at Real Madrid.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.