Real Madrid News
Marcos Asensio talks Real Madrid future, Barcelona links and Vinicius Jr
Marco Asensio has suffered a rough start to the new season with Carlo Ancelotti barely giving him any playing time across all competitions. His future at the club is uncertain, with several reports saying that the club do not intend to renew his contract which expires next year.
He has only been on the pitch 54 minutes this season and is understandably frustrated with his situation at the club. At the same time, there have been shock links with arch-rivals Barcelona, who are seemingly interested due to his current contract situation.
In a recent interview with El Partidazo de Cope, he spoke about his future, the links to Barça and the events that unfolded in the last summer window.
On the rumours around his departure in the summer: “I had options but I never seriously thought for a moment that I wanted to leave Real Madrid.”
On Real Madrid fans: “I have a lot of respect for the Madrid fans at the Bernabéu, they are free to give their opinion.”
On potentially joining Barcelona in the future: “I have not thought about it, I have not valued it. Right now, I can’t give you an answer.”
On being at Real Madrid: “I’m very happy at Real Madrid.”
On racist chants against Vinicius: “Racists are a minority, they don’t have to tarnish a hobby or a country.”
On Vinicius’ talent: “Vinicius is young & has a lot to learn. He motivates himself with that.”
On the status of his contract renewal: “Renewing at Real Madrid does not depend on me, it depends on many factors. I hope it can happen.”
On Carlo Ancelotti: “Ancelotti is a great person & I’m delighted with him. I have no problem with him.”
On Barcelona’s interest in him: “I don’t know if Barça want me, many other clubs have come. This morning I had 200 messages. I am in a world where there are many rumours.
“It’s normal because in January I can sign with any club and more will come out. We are in that circle that I cannot control.”
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.