According to Santi Aouna of Foot Mercato, PSG remain intent on offloading their superstar forward Kylian Mbappe this summer amid interest from Real Madrid.
Mbappe made it clear that he does not plan on renewing his contract with the Parisians which expires next year. As such, he could leave the club for free in 2024, which the French champions do not wish to see.
So, PSG have issued him an ultimatum – either he renews or he is sold this summer, despite his insistence that he wants to stay at the club for the upcoming season. And there is no change in their stance.
As per the report, Mbappe continues to want to stay at the club in order to receive the €90 million loyalty bonus that he will be due next season. But if PSG do not relent on their stance and want to sell him, he would be open to joining Real Madrid now itself.
Los Blancos, for their part, are still split over whether they go after Mbappe this summer or wait for his arrival in 2024 for free.
The report states that the 24-year-old already has an agreement with Real Madrid for 2024 but should PSG continue to push for his exit, there could be movement now itself.
Les Parisiens want a sum of €180-200 million for Mbappe, money that Real Madrid have ready for his acquisition. And they are just waiting for a green light for the operation to kick into gear, although they are in no hurry to make a move.
At the same time, though, there is still no contact between the two clubs.
PSG know that the Spanish capital club are their best chance of selling Mbappe now. However, they have no intention of picking up and making the first call to Real Madrid as they do not wish to weaken their position. Instead, they will wait for Los Blancos to make the first move.
With PSG firm on their stance, they are expecting a decision from Mbappe on his future soon even as Real Madrid continue to wait and keep an eye on the situation.
Real Madrid rising star suffered against Atletico due to veteran forward’s absence, says Simeone
Real Madrid’s 3-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid was not the first time were in trouble this season. In fact, the Merengues have gone behind early in almost every league game so far.
However, the difference on Sunday night was that they never really mounted a comeback. More importantly, Jude Bellingham did not come good, for the first time.
Simeone unravels the mystery
A jubilant Diego Simeone spoke to the media after his side downed Real Madrid by three goals to one and spoke about a plethora of topics.
Interestingly, he commented specifically on why Bellingham did not have an impact at Civitas Metropolitano, citing the absence of Joselu as a key factor.
“No, the spaces were reduced and I think that Joselu’s lack of presence left him with fewer chances to get there, when he takes advantage of Joselu’s aerial play. We controlled him better, he’s extraordinary,” he said, as quoted by AS.
He even called out the refereeing on the night and insisted that the Real Madrid star-boy should have seen red for his late tackle on Angel Correa, saying:
“It looked like a sending-off to me live, it was a hard leg up, with Angelito hitting the ball.”
Ironically, he defended his defender Jose Maria Gimenez for an equally threatening tackle on the night.
“A bad foul, it’s a yellow card because it goes sideways. Bellingham goes from the front and I think it’s a bit more,” he stated paradoxically.
No time to lament
The game at Civitas Metropolitano may not have gone Real Madrid’s way. Yet, it is good for the Merengues to taste defeat early and see the gaping holes in their dynamic.
Carlo Ancelotti admitted in his press conference that he bore the lion’s share of the fault for Sunday’s loss and that he would have done things differently if given the chance.
“Maybe I could have done it better. It’s pretty clear. When the team doesn’t do what it has to do, it’s my responsibility,” he stated.
Nevertheless, Los Blancos have a hectic schedule ahead with two games in the next five days and a UCL fixture against Napoli next week. With Vinicius Jr back, one hopes they find their mojo once again.