Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Nacho talks Guler, Bellingham, Vinicius, Modric, Ancelotti ahead of Real Madrid vs Braga

Published

on

Photo by Francesco Pecoraro/Getty Images

Real Madrid will look to secure a place in the Round of 16 of the UEFA Champions League when they lock horns with SC Braga tomorrow night at the Santiago Bernabeu.

With three wins in three games, Los Blancos are on the cusp of going through to the next round, with a positive result on Wednesday expected to be enough.

Ahead of the game, Real Madrid defender and captain Nacho Fernandez joined manager Carlo Ancelotti in the press conference, discussing a number of topics.

“We’re excited, we know how important this competition is for Madrid. If we win we’ll achieve our objective of reaching the last 16,” Nacho said, discussing the team’s objectives in Europe.

Even though Nacho has not played a lot this season, the defender admitted that he is enjoying life as Real Madrid captain, as he said:

“I’m very happy and I’m not thinking about anything else. Being captain is a great dream and a responsibility. We’re in a good moment and we have to make the most of it.”

On his playing situation, the veteran added: “I fight to play in all the important games. I’ve been a starter in all the Champions League games and I’m at a great level.”

The veteran defender then spoke about his teammates starting with Jude Bellingham, who has been a star performer for the Merengues this season.

“He has Real Madrid DNA, he always wants to win and compete. He helps the team a lot up front and at the back. He’s one of the best signings in recent years,” said Nacho.

Commenting on another summer signing, Arda Guler, who could make his debut for Real Madrid tomorrow, the captain said:

“Arda is very young but he has an incredible talent and future. He needs to play and prove himself but he has everything to succeed at Madrid. We’re looking forward to seeing him play because he has tremendous potential.”

Vinicius Jr. has been in the news once again with his attitude and behaviour on the field being questioned. Responding to it, the Real Madrid skipper said:

“We talk a lot with Vini. He’s a type of player who feels more provocation than the rest. He always confronts and generates frustration. We talk to him so that he stays calm and focuses on playing.

“Little by little he is improving but he has a lot of character. We look after him a lot here, if Puyol wants to talk to him it’s up to him.”

“In the Champions League Vini is calmer. We are softening the situation, I don’t know if it’s because of the rivals. The important thing is that he focuses on playing.”

Commenting on the lack of goals from the two forwards, Vinicius and Rodrygo Goes, Nacho added:

“We have changed the way we play. Karim has very different characteristics to Vini and Rodri. The team is in a good dynamic despite the stumble against Rayo. They are going to score a lot of goals and generate a lot.”

Like Nacho, fellow veteran Luka Modric is also struggling for minutes this season but has made a valuable contribution every time he has played. Comparing their situations, Nacho said:

“Modric is used to always playing, mine is different, I’ve always had to fight to play. I’m looking to enjoy the day-to-day because I don’t want what happened last year to happen.”

On the matter of manager Carlo Ancelotti, he added: “Ancelotti is made to coach this club. He has a lot of credit because he has won everything. You can ask him about his future now.”

Source: Mundo Deportivo

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti-favourite defender will leave Real Madrid if club signs 23-year-old ace

Published

on

Photo by David Ramos/Getty Images

With Kylian Mbappe’s signing now a completed objective, Real Madrid turn to what was always considered the second most critical operation of this summer – Alphonso Davies.

The Canadian full-back has been on Los Blancos’ radar for a while now, but with his contract with Bayern Munich running until 2025, his signing is seen to be a tad bit more complicated.

The Bavarians’ firm stance that they wish to persist with the speedster, needless to say, has only made the objective more complicated for Los Blancos.

No room for three

Despite Bayern Munich’s repeated advances towards Davies in recent weeks, Real Madrid are firm that they will attempt to sign the player this summer.

In light of the Canadian full-back’s possible arrival, Cadena SER reveals that Ferland Mendy will almost certainly leave Real Madrid if Davies’ signing is pulled off.

Carlo Ancelotti is clear that he has no room for three left-backs in his squad. One of Fran Garcia and Mendy must thus leave the Spanish capital in such a scenario and the Frenchman is better placed on that front.

Ferland Mendy (L) could leave Real Madrid if Davies arrives.. (Photo by Lars Baron/Getty Images)

Mendy’s current deal in Madrid runs out next year and the player has been informed that a decision over his future at the club will be taken shortly.

On track with Davies

The Spanish outlet also reveal that the Canadian speedster rejected an offer from Bayern Munich in recent hours and that his departure from the Bavarian capital is not ruled out.

Bayern Munich demand a sum of €50 million for the dynamic full-back. Real Madrid, however, have set a spending limit of €30 million for the youngster and will not exceed that sum in any scenario.

Vincent Kompany’s men thus have a critical decision to make, for allowing Davies to run down the final year on his deal may well back-fire as did the case of Kylian Mbappe with PSG.

Real Madrid, as it stands, appear to be in the driver’s seat.

Continue Reading