Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Out-of-favour Real Madrid forward hoping to earn a new contract with the club

Published

on

Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images

With the World Cup just around the corner, Marco Asensio would undoubtedly have liked to be a bigger part of Carlo Ancelotti’s plans at Real Madrid heading into the second month of the season.

Be it for his contractual issues or the availability of better options, he has faced a serious dearth of minutes this season.

However, according to reports from AS (h/t Madrid Xtra), the Spaniard is not fazed by his situation at the club. Rather, he still hopes to earn a spot, prove his worth and fight for a contract extension with Real Madrid this year.

Earlier this week, Asensio spoke out about his situation and said that a new contract was not in his hands. “Renewing at Real Madrid does not depend on me, it depends on many factors. I hope it can happen,” he had said.

Moreover, he was vocal throughout the interview about his desire to represent Los Blancos and be an integral part of the manager’s plans.

Asensio is in the final year of his contract with Real Madrid and will be a free agent come June. Surprisingly, Barcelona are on the list of parties interested in his signing alongside Manchester United and AC Milan.

This season, the winger has stayed on the bench in four of the team’s six league games. In the remaining matches too, he has just come on as a substitute for the closing minutes of the game.

Given Ancelotti’s long list of forward options, it is probably in the best interest of both parties to part ways. Yet, one knows that Asensio can be a great asset when in form and that he deserves to play for Real Madrid if he can prove himself.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid teenage prodigy needs to play more, insists national team manager

Published

on

Real Madrid's Turkish midfielder #24 Arda Guler watches from the bench the UEFA Champions League group C football match between Real Madrid CF and SC Braga at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium in Madrid on November 8, 2023. (Photo by Thomas COEX / AFP) (Photo by THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images)
Photo by THOMAS COEX/AFP via Getty Images

The situation with Arda Guler at Real Madrid has become tense in recent days. The Turkish phenom has not been at the receiving end of many minutes despite completing his recovery from injuries, and the player is now getting fed up with his situation.

It is, however, not just Guler who is affected by the situation. With the European Championships coming up, the 19-year-old looks likely to enter the competition with Turkey with no match fitness, and his international federation is far from happy with his situation.

Turkey manager speaks out

Speaking at the recent sponsorship event of the Turkish National Team, head coach Vincenzo Montella was asked to comment on Guler’s situation at Real Madrid.

As a former Sevilla coach and with knowledge of how La Liga works, he understood the circumstances and hoped for the player to see more minutes.

“He is playing very little, but I hope he can do it from now on because he has a lot of talent,” he said, as quoted by SPORT.

Vincenzo Montella wants Arda Guler to play more at Real Madrid. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

Montella went on to reinstate that he still maintains complete confidence in the Real Madrid star’s abilities for the upcoming tournament, despite his drought for minutes.

“We are following him very carefully. We want our players to be in their best physical condition for the European Championship.”

Exit on the cards?

Guler has played only 92 minutes all season and is now vexed by his helplessness. As revealed yesterday, he feels misguided and is unhappy with how the circumstances are currently.

The disappointed star, thus, could seek an exit, potentially on loan, from the club next summer if his situation does not improve.

But with Jude Bellingham and Brahim Diaz both on song, it does not appear like Guler’s chance in Madrid will arrive anytime soon.

Carlo Ancelotti retains faith in the Turkish star, and it remains to be seen if he looks to turn the player’s fortune around in the coming months.

Continue Reading