Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Rayo Vallecano midfielder talks Real Madrid, Benzema, Tchouameni, Rodrygo, Vinicius, Valverde

Published

on

Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images

Rayo Vallecano midfielder Santi Comesana has admitted Real Madrid’s summer signing Aurelien Tchouameni has made Casemiro’s loss next to unnoticeable with his stunning performances this season.

Rayo host an injury-ridden Real Madrid at Estadio de Vallecas on Monday, November 7 with the hope of maintaining their stature of being the giant killers. Unfortunately enough for the team, they have only beaten the defending champions once in this century.

But given Real’s issue at hand, not only Comesana but even his coach Andoni Iraola admitted that his team does stand a chance. Speaking ahead of the game, the Rayo star pointed out that his players are concerned mostly because of the form their opponents are in at the moment.

“We are all concerned because everyone is doing very well,”  Comesana told MARCA.

“Benzema is now injured, but for me, he is the best. In addition, he was Ballon d’Or recently. Vinicius is at a great level and Rodrygo and Valverde have a lot of goals. 

Meanwhile, Tchouameni, 22, has been a vital member of Carlo Ancelotti’s team in only his debut season, having clocked 1,132 minutes across all competitions. Speaking about the midfielder, Comesana added, 

“Tchouameni has also managed to make Casemiro’s loss not noticeable at all. We will have to fight as a team and with the help of our fans, we will surely do a good job.”

When asked about his team’s chances of beating the European and Spanish champions, the Rayo Vallecano ace said,

“You can get beat all the teams. It is true that Madrid is very good, but they can be beaten. 

“We are a very brave team, who are motivated by these games and I think we can get our hands on them. There is no secret formula to beat them because other teams would have already applied, but there are ways to hurt Madrid,” he added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Manchester City forward rejected Real Madrid after trials – ‘Good experience, but it’s in the past’

Published

on

Photo by Matt McNulty/Getty Images

When Real Madrid took on Manchester City last at the Etihad Stadium, they were humbled by a 4-0 thrashing that sent them home.

The game had Manchester City written all over it as the men in blue dominated from start to finish, generating almost five times as much goal threat as Real Madrid.

The final nail in the coffin on the night was delivered by a certain Argentine sensation who had been on the field for just two minutes.

Coming on in the 89th minute, Julian Alvarez found the back of the net in the first minute of added time and secured the win for his side.

Speaking to the media ahead of his team’s second-leg clash against the Merengues, the World Cup winner revealed that he was close to signing for Real Madrid in 2011 when he was still an eleven-year-old player with no professional contract.

He played a tournament in the Real Madrid colours, impressing the administration and management and doing enough to secure a deal.

However, his dream was cut short by FIFA’s rules which implied that a player under 16 could only sign for a club if his entire family moved with him. That, however, was not an option for Alvarez’s family.

“I was there for about 20 days. I was just 11 years old. To go to Spain, all my family had to move. It’s already in the past.”

Julian Alvarez scored against Real Madrid last season. (Photo by OLI SCARFF/AFP via Getty Images)

The young striker eventually signed for River Plate where he shone across all levels to earn a move to Manchester City in 2022. He now stares at another game against the club he could have represented and is determined to give his best tomorrow.

“It was a good experience but it’s in the past. Now I’m different, I’m a professional player. If we listen to what Pep tells us to do, we are going to win,” he said on his thoughts on Real Madrid.

When asked if he would like to score tomorrow against Los Blancos, the youngster did not hesitate in admitting that it would be special for him.

“Of course, I’d love to score again. Last game I was only able to play five minutes and I scored. This time I’d love to play a bit more and of course score.”

Finally, the World Cup winner spoke on Manchester City’s goal of defending the UCL title and why it was a very demanding ask from the men in blue.

“It’s going to be hard [to retain the Champions League]. Last season was hard, this season will be hard again. But we know what we have to do and we have the things to do it again.”

“We always learn, especially winning five different competitions, we learned a lot. But we always see the next game and we always focus on winning, winning, winning the next game,” he added on the team’s approach.

Source: Manchester Evening News

Continue Reading