Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid ace Rodrygo issues statement after receiving racist abuse following Brazil vs Argentina

Published

on

Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images

Real Madrid winger Vinicius Jr. has been subjected to racist insults on an alarmingly regular basis in La Liga over the past few months.

Now, his Real Madrid and Brazil teammate, Rodrygo, has emerged as the target of racist abuse on social media.

The 22-year-old forward was subjected to racist slurs online following Brazil’s game against Argentina earlier this week, during which he was involved in a heated confrontation with Lionel Messi.

Reacting to the hate and abuse he has received, Rodrygo put forward a strong statement on his Instagram today, which reads as follows:

“The racists are always on duty. My social media has been invaded with insults and all sorts of nonsense. It’s here for all to see!”

“If we don’t do what they want, if we don’t behave like they think we should, if we dress something that bothers them, if we don’t bow our heads when attacked, if we occupy spaces they think are theirs, the racists will move into action with their criminal behavior.

“Unlucky for them, we will not stop,” Rodrygo included.

It is just a sad state of affairs that players are subjected to this kind of treatment by so-called fans. All stakeholders must unite and take serious actions to root out this evil from the beautiful game.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Iykelouis

    November 23, 2023 at 8:51 pm

    U see Messi Messi Messi…. Racist? I think it’s FIFA and UEFA’s fault from sepp blatter regime till now… giving award based on sentiment… Now the award is meaningless and has no value again.. corruption everywhere… I encourage every gifted players to enjoy their games and look past the devalued awards…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Bundesliga title-winner ‘is ready for Real Madrid’, says former German great

Published

on

Photo by INA FASSBENDER/AFP via Getty Images

Speaking in an interview with Sport BILD (h/t AS), Germany legend Michael Ballack has claimed that Bayer Leverkusen sensation Florian Wirtz is ready to play for Real Madrid.

Wirtz is a player that Real Madrid have been closely monitoring for a while now, with the German sensation being seen as a long-term replacement for Toni Kroos, who announced his retirement yesterday.

A move for Wirtz is being planned for the summer of 2025 and Ballack believes that the Bundesliga title winner with Leverkusen is ready for the big move to the Santiago Bernabeu.

“Wirtz is ready for Real Madrid,” said Ballack.

“In terms of football, Wirtz can definitely play for Real Madrid. You can also see it in Jude Bellingham after his move from BVB: when you play with even better players, you become even better,” he added.

The Toni Kroos replacement? (Photo by INA FASSBENDER/AFP via Getty Images)

Wirtz has a contract with Bayer Leverkusen that runs until the summer of 2027. As things stand, the new German champions have no intentions of selling their prized asset this year.

However, there appears to be an acceptance that the German international will be on the move in 2025.

Other top clubs like Manchester City and Bayern Munich are also understood to be interested, but Real Madrid are likely to beat them in the race should it come down to that next year.

A move for Wirtz, though, could cost in excess of €100 million for Real Madrid should they do indeed decide to proceed with his signing next year.

Continue Reading