Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid blockbuster signing opens up on rejecting PL offers: “Biggest club in the world”

Published

on

Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images

These are still early days but Jude Bellingham appears to have settled in quite well at Real Madrid.

Speaking to Sky Sports, the midfielder talked about his transition to Los Blancos, while revealing the reason he rejected advances from the Premier League.

“I’m really happy with the start but definitely not getting carried away. I understand that there are bigger tests to come in the season. I want to get in the rhythm and enjoy playing with my teammates which I am so far,” Bellingham said.

The former Borussia Dortmund starlet is currently training with the Real Madrid camp in the United States. He was recently involved in the friendly against Manchester United, even scoring the opener.

The midfielder started that game and put in a great display, already making a big claim for a starting berth in midfield.

When asked if he is already the main man in midfield for Los Blancos, he replied: “I don’t know about the main man, I’m just trying to play my part. I know the role the manager wants me to play, I know how I can add quality to the team.”

Why Did Bellingham Reject PL Clubs?

Bellingham turned down PL for Real Madrid. (Photo by Florencia Tan Jun/Getty Images)

Prior to his move to Real Madrid, Bellingham was courted by a host of Premier League clubs, including Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, and even Manchester United.

But the Englishman ended up joining Real Madrid.

When asked about his decision, Bellingham responded: “Like I already said, Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world. The best club, the best players, the best team & the best people to learn from.”

This is not the first time Bellingham has hailed Real Madrid for being the club in the world.

He has also expressed his desire to win many titles with Los Blancos, as he kickstarts this fresh chapter in an already glittering career.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid rising star suffered against Atletico due to veteran forward’s absence, says Simeone

Published

on

Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images

Real Madrid’s 3-1 defeat to Atletico Madrid was not the first time were in trouble this season. In fact, the Merengues have gone behind early in almost every league game so far.

However, the difference on Sunday night was that they never really mounted a comeback. More importantly, Jude Bellingham did not come good, for the first time.

Simeone unravels the mystery

A jubilant Diego Simeone spoke to the media after his side downed Real Madrid by three goals to one and spoke about a plethora of topics. 

Interestingly, he commented specifically on why Bellingham did not have an impact at Civitas Metropolitano, citing the absence of Joselu as a key factor.

“No, the spaces were reduced and I think that Joselu’s lack of presence left him with fewer chances to get there, when he takes advantage of Joselu’s aerial play. We controlled him better, he’s extraordinary,” he said, as quoted by AS.

He even called out the refereeing on the night and insisted that the Real Madrid star-boy should have seen red for his late tackle on Angel Correa, saying:

“It looked like a sending-off to me live, it was a hard leg up, with Angelito hitting the ball.”

Joselu’s absence affected Bellingham, believes Simeone. (Photo by Gonzalo Arroyo Moreno/Getty Images)

Ironically, he defended his defender Jose Maria Gimenez for an equally threatening tackle on the night.

“A bad foul, it’s a yellow card because it goes sideways. Bellingham goes from the front and I think it’s a bit more,” he stated paradoxically.

No time to lament

The game at Civitas Metropolitano may not have gone Real Madrid’s way. Yet, it is good for the Merengues to taste defeat early and see the gaping holes in their dynamic.

Carlo Ancelotti admitted in his press conference that he bore the lion’s share of the fault for Sunday’s loss and that he would have done things differently if given the chance.

“Maybe I could have done it better. It’s pretty clear. When the team doesn’t do what it has to do, it’s my responsibility,” he stated.

Nevertheless, Los Blancos have a hectic schedule ahead with two games in the next five days and a UCL fixture against Napoli next week. With Vinicius Jr back, one hopes they find their mojo once again.

Continue Reading