Real Madrid News
Real Madrid consider renewing the contract of 26-year-old Spanish international
Real Madrid may be quiet in the transfer market, but the club offices continue to work day and night. Facilitating departures has been the primary objective, with player renewals being a close second.
One player who seemed set to leave the club was Dani Ceballos. The Spaniard’s lack of minutes last season pushed him to look for an exit but such an opportunity did not arise despite his agent’s best efforts.
According to reports from Fabrizio Romano, Real Madrid are now considering the option of renewing Ceballos’ contract. The club will discuss the possibility with the 26-year-old in the coming days.
For what it’s worth Carlo Ancelotti has always been a strong advocate of the midfielder’s continuity. However, Ceballos wants to push his way into the Spanish national team ahead of the World Cup and wants guaranteed minutes this season.
Having missed the first half of the season due to injury, the 26-year-old made only 11 appearances for the men in white last year, averaging four defensive actions per game. Further, he failed to register any goal contributions too.
Ceballos’ current deal stands to run out in the summer of 2023, implying that the club risk losing him on a free transfer next year if they do not process the renewal.
If he stays, he will face competition not only from the likes of Luka Modric and Toni Kroos but also the young generation including Eduardo Camavinga, Federico Valverde and Aurelien Tchouameni.
Needless to say, a move away from the Bernabeu would improve his chances if featured in the World Cup. However, as things stand, that seems unlikely, with a contract extension seemingly on the cards for Ceballos.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.