Real Madrid News
Real Madrid considering move for Chelsea striker, two ways they can pursue him
Real Madrid have been in the market for a striker who can either be a backup to Karim Benzema or as competition to him, after the departure of Borja Mayoral to Getafe on loan.
As per El Larguero, Timo Werner is being considered by the team as an option for the position. The report also states that the club’s two options are to either sign the player on a permanent move or to get the player on loan with an option to buy in 2023.
After having tried out Eden Hazard as a false 9 in the preseason, the coaching staff does not believe the Belgian is the right man for the job and are now back in the market for a backup.
The club have been reported to be concerned by the certain lightness in depth in the case that Benzema suffers an injury, as was apparent last season during his hamstring injury at the start of the year.
Having emerged as an option for Madrid is excellent news for the German striker, who seems to have fallen more or less out of favours at Chelsea. However, a move to the Spanish capital would see him accept more or less the same role as a backup.
This has been reported as a hurdle by El Larguero, as the player would not prefer this role of a backup as he looks to further his career, which seems to have stagnated after his move to Chelsea in the 2020 summer transfer window.
The player had been touted as the next big striker during his time at Red Bull Leipzig, with his prolific movement and goalscoring ability. Anyhow, the player failed to make a special mark with the Blues despite winning a Champions League in his debut season.
The German also has had several links with a move back to RB Leipzig as per Bild, as well as links with Newcastle United, who are still on a look out for their marquee signing.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.