Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid defender confident about second leg tie against ‘not dangerous’ Man City

Published

on

Photo by OSCAR DEL POZO/AFP via Getty Images

Speaking after the thrilling encounter between Real Madrid and Manchester City at the Santiago Bernabeu, Antonio Rudiger stated that the Merengues are confident about getting the job done at the Etihad next week.

Clashing in the first leg of the semi-finals at the Bernabeu, both teams put up an entertaining display with the game ending in a hard-fought 1-1 draw, which means the tie hangs in the balance heading into the second leg at the Etihad.

Coming into the game, there was a lot of talk about how Real Madrid would deal with Erling Haaland and the Manchester City attack in general, given the form that the English champions were in.

But, Rudiger nullified the threat of Haaland and the Manchester City attack had a relatively quiet night despite dominating possession.

“At the end of the day, they were not dangerous. They had possession, we knew that this would happen… but most importantly they were not dangerous. Obviously, their goal was quality from De Bruyne,” Rudiger said, as quoted by Mirror.

“We got the goal a bit late so we feel a bit like we could have got out with more,” the former Chelsea defender added, echoing the sentiments of his manager Carlo Ancelotti.

And he insisted that Real Madrid will go into the game at the Etihad with confidence of getting the job done.

“But it’s no problem, the tie is definitely on and we can go with confidence to Manchester. We are Real Madrid. We are always confident,” he said.

Rudiger started alongside David Alaba at the heart of the Real Madrid defence on Tuesday in the absence of Eder Militao, who was suspended for the match due to an accumulation of cards.

The German international put in a solid display, managing to keep Haaland quiet for most of the match. It will now be interesting to see whether Ancelotti retains him in the team or reinstates Militao for the second leg at the Etihad.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Revealed: The blueprint behind Real Madrid’s €1 Billion revenue ambition

Published

on

Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images

As one of football’s biggest and most successful institutions, Real Madrid enjoy serious perks on the economic front. After all, they cater to a worldwide audience and thus see their remunerations come in from across borders.

The arrival of Kylian Mbappe will only serve to further grow Los Blancos’ fanbase, and with a generational squad set to dominate world football for the years to come, Florentino Perez sees a special marketing opportunity.

According to reports from SPORT, Real Madrid have thus set themselves a target to hit €1 billion in revenue and have drawn up a concrete plan for the same.

The player aspect

As a football institution, one of the most significant aspects of remuneration is the team’s direct winnings in terms of prize money. Having won the Champions League last season and with Mbappe coming in, the team is in safe hands.

Moreover, the average age of Real Madrid’s squad is just 27.1 years implies that the team has significant longevity with little change expected in personnel.

The second important aspect that the club hopes to count on is the crowd-pulling factor that such young players exert on the new generation.

Kylian Mbappe will be the face of Real Madrid’s marketing campaign. (Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images)

Real Madrid already boast 410.9 million followers on social media and have added 48.4 million just last year. Mbappe, who himself has 132 million followers across Instagram and X, will further amplify that number next season and add to the club’s followers.

It is thus clear that the Frenchman will become the face of the club and the centre for all marketing operations of Real Madrid plan.

The road to €1 billion is thus not complicated, although Perez must be wary that Mbappe is picky with the brands he endorses. Further, the distribution of image rights will be a major factor to finalise.

The new Bernabeu

Having undergone extensive renovation, the New Santiago Bernabeu will take over as the world’s highest-grossing football stadium next season and play a massive role in boosting Real Madrid’s collections. The partnership with Sixth Street and Legends will also be crucial.

Furthermore, the new venue will also serve as a massive economy generator through miscellaneous events. Apart from Taylor Swift, the club also has agreements with Karol G, Aitana, Lola Indigo and La Velada del Ano de Ibai Llanos for exclusive events.

Real Madrid plan to add extra revenue from exclusive events at Santiago Bernabeu. (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

Needless to say, such events will serve significantly to boost the income and near the elusive €1 billion mark.

Cost-cutting

The final, yet critical manoeuvre Perez plans is to cut the costs on the wage front with a salary reduction of €0% already being made in both 2019-20 and 2020-21. That was, in fact, one of the major reasons Real Madrid stayed on their feet in the pandemic.

Player sales is another element where the men in white have worked their plan, getting rid of the older players while their market value was still high and reinvesting the cash into younger talents who can serve for at least the next decade.

The club recorded north of €800 million in income last year and the €1 billion mark is not too far off. Needless to say, the coming year could thus be special for the men in white.

Continue Reading