Real Madrid News
Real Madrid eye Bosman swoop for 17-year-old whizkid in 2023, Man United, PSG also keen
According to a report from El Desmarque, Real Madrid are keeping close tabs on the situation revolving around Youssoufa Moukoko.
The Borussia Dortmund whizkid is facing an uncertain future in Germany with his current deal expiring at the end of the season. The forward is regarded as one of the most talented teenagers in world football, notably racking up 46 appearances for Dortmund at the age of just 17.
However, Moukoko has not enjoyed the desired progress since earning his breakthrough in the Dortmund first team. Due to the presence of Erling Haaland, the young German struggled to find regular game-time for much of last season.
While the situation has improved in the current season, Moukoko still remains on the fringes of Dortmund’s first-team plans. He has featured in only 154 minutes of league football so far, despite scoring two goals.
In light of his lack of prominence in the first team, Moukoko could opt to leave Dortmund next summer as a free agent. The negotiations between the two parties are far from ideal and the situation appears to deteriorate with each passing day.
According to El Desmarque, it has put Real Madrid on red alert, with the European giants considering a Bosman move for Moukoko in 2023.
With the forward’s contract expiring at the end of the season, Real Madrid are willing to play the waiting game.
However, amid competition from Bayern Munich, PSG and Manchester United, it will not come as a surprise to see the reigning European champions make a move in January, in their quest to sign the forward on a cut-price deal.
At the same time, a prolonged stay at Dortmund cannot be ruled out either. Moukoko, after all, is still only 17 and still has room to grow, before he is prepared to take the next step in his career.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.