Real Madrid News
Real Madrid forward remains on Barcelona’s agenda for the summer – report
Real Madrid winger Marco Asensio is most likely heading towards an exit. The 27-year-old, whose contract will expire at the end of the season, is currently the third option for Carlo Ancelotti on the right wing behind Rodrygo and Federico Valverde.
For a 27-year-old professional, it is safe to say that the situation is not ideal, to say the very least, meaning that the most obvious thing to do now is to think of an exit route. After all, Asensio has won everything with Real Madrid.
Given his experience, it is understood that it will not be hard for Asensio to find a new suitor. In fact, he might not have to leave Spain, if Barcelona sort out a few things from their end.
By now, Barcelona’s interest in Asensio is no more a secret. This largely comes down to the fact that he is set to become a free agent in the summer and given their financial state, the Blaugrana are looking to acquire those who end their contract at the end of the season.
According to Mundo Deportivo, those sitting in the Camp Nou offices really like Asensio and his approach. They believe the player can absorb any kind of pressure and, on top of everything, is a proven winner.
Furthermore, the fact that the player has recently joined forces with super agent Jorge Mendes is a great plus for the Blaugrana since they share a great working relationship with the agent.
Interestingly enough, although Asensio represents a great market opportunity, Barcelona already have as many as three players fighting for the right-wing spot, namely, Ousmane Dembele, Raphinha and Ferran Torres.
This means that before allowing any incoming, the team from Catalonia will have to allow an exit and if recent reports are to be believed, Ferran Torres could be a casualty in the summer.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.