Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid full-back out for six weeks, will miss UCL clash vs Liverpool – report

Published

on

Photo by Yasser Bakhsh/Getty Images

In yet another injury blow for Real Madrid, Lucas Vazquez is set to be sidelined for a month and a half due to the ankle injury he sustained on Wednesday against Valencia.

This claim comes from journalist Jorge C Picon who states that the 31-year-old will, in all likelihood, miss the Merengues’ UEFA Champions League Round of 16 first-leg contest against Liverpool in February.

Vazquez started for Real Madrid in their Spanish Super Cup tie against Valencia last night in Riyadh. With Dani Carvajal only recently returning from an injury, manager Carlo Ancelotti opted to start with the winger-turned-right-back against Los Che.

However, Vazquez was forced off the pitch just before the 70th-minute mark with an ankle sprain. The Spaniard was subjected to medical tests today and the prognosis is not positive as he is now set to be out of action for six weeks due to the injury.

Vazquez has served as an able deputy to Carvajal at right-back and has played 15 times this season, scoring two goals and registering one assist. His absence will come as a blow for Real Madrid, who are already dealing with injuries to some other players.

David Alaba and Aurelien Tchouameni are out for three weeks and have not even travelled to Saudi Arabia for the Super Cup. Meanwhile, Ferland Mendy had been dealing with some muscle overload but did feature against Valencia, coming on as a substitute.

Eder Militao took a blow to the head last night and left the field feeling dizzy. However, he is expected to be fit and ready for the Super Cup final later this week.

But the same cannot be said of Eduardo Camavinga, who hurt his knee on Wednesday and is a serious doubt for the final, which will see Real Madrid face either Barcelona or Real Betis.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid forward set for talks with Arsenal this week – report

Published

on

Photo by JAVIER SORIANO/AFP via Getty Images

With less than six months left on his contract, Marco Asensio looks to be on his way out of Real Madrid very soon. The Spaniard has not yet started talks to extend his contract with the Spanish giants, which has garnered the eyes from several top clubs across Europe.

One of the clubs interested in his signature happens to be Premier League leaders Arsenal. Mikel Arteta is said to be a fan of the player, and will try to be bring him to North London on a free transfer this summer.

According to Mirror, Asensio’s agents will fly to London this week to get an a better understanding Arsenal’s interest in the player. Talks are scheduled with Arsenal, among possibly other clubs.

Asensio’s priority remains to extend with Arsenal, but not at ‘any cost’. The winger is looking for raise with his new contract to go along with a four-year deal. The report states that he currently earns around €130,000 per week at Madrid.

The 27-year-old has been waiting for an official offer from Los Blancos for a while, but the club will wait for March or April before taking a decision on his extension.

Asensio took a while to grow important for Carlo Ancelotti this season, but has been featuring regularly on the right-wing lately. He even scored in 2-0 win against Valencia in midweek, taking his tally to two for the season, excluding three assists as well.

Arsenal are definitely looking to add more firepower to their squad for next season, having already brought in Leandro Trossard in the winter. Asensio could serve as the perfect backup to Bukayo Saka, who has been in incredible form all season.

Continue Reading