Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid growing very optimistic about signing €200 million top target this summer

Published

on

Photo by ARNAUD FINISTRE/AFP via Getty Images

Nasser Al-Khelaifi’s explosive press conference on Wednesday cleared any remaining doubts over Kylian Mbappe’s future. The Paris Saint-Germain president made it clear that the youngster would not leave the club on a free transfer, opening the doors to a departure this summer.

According to reports from Ramon Alvarez de Mon, there is newfound optimism in the Real Madrid offices over Mbappe’s signing. The club administration believe that they can get the deal done this summer and hope to incorporate the Frenchman at the earliest.

The past few days have been surprisingly eventful for Los Blancos, especially given that their transfer activity was said to be complete for the window.

Arda Guler is set to become the club’s fourth summer signing after Jude Bellingham, Fran Garcia, and Joselu. Kylian Mbappe’s arrival would be the cherry on the cake.

Florentino Perez expects the Parisiens to demand a transfer fee of €200 million for their star forward in the ongoing transfer window. Real Madrid are said to have the money ready and will not hesitate to pull the trigger once the green light arrives.

All that remains for the deal to go through is Mbappe’s approval. The Frenchman is not making matters easy for either party and demands to see out his deal and join on a free transfer next summer. After all, such a manoeuvre would see him garner PSG’s loyalty bonus and a signing-on bonus from Real Madrid.

In 34 Ligue 1 appearances for PSG last season, the 24-year-old scored 29 goals and provided five assists. Further, he averaged 1.6 key passes per game and created 17 big chances.

The men in white have remained invested in the youngster’s pursuit for several years now, even coming close to signing him last year. However, Mbappe renewed his deal with the French setup, and it is clear that he is now looking to move on.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid out-of-favour defender now unlikely to leave the club

Published

on

Photo by GABRIEL BOUYS/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid missed out on the signing of Leny Yoro after deciding not to match Manchester United’s offer for the 18-year-old defender.

With the French prodigy now on his way to the Premier League, Los Blancos are assessing their options before deciding whether to sign a new centre-back or not.

As things stand, the reigning champions of Spain and Europe seem to be leaning towards relying on their existing options rather than going into the market.

Jesus Vallejo unlikely to leave

As such, MARCA reports that the likelihood of Jesus Vallejo leaving the club have now significantly reduced.

Indeed, the 27-year-old out-of-favour defender now appears more and more likely to continue at Real Madrid beyond this summer.

Set to stay. (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

Vallejo returned to the Santiago Bernabeu after finishing his loan stint at Granada during which he hardly played due to injury and fitness woes.

As such, reports suggested that Carlo Ancelotti & co. were not planning on counting on him next season, even though he was handed a new shirt number recently.

But with the Leny Yoro operation collapsing and Real Madrid not keen on recruiting anyone from the market at this point, the Spanish ace is now unlikely to leave the club.

With David Alaba still sidelined, Antonio Rudiger and Eder Militao will start the new season as the first-choice centre-back pairing and Vallejo will serve as the backup while Aurelien Tchouameni will also be an option.

Vallejo, for his part, wanted to stay put and see out his contract which expires in 2025. And, as things stand, it appears that the player will get his wish.

Continue Reading