Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid have not made an offer for Bellingham, claims Dortmund director

Published

on

Photo by Friedemann Vogel - Pool/Getty Images

Earlier in the month, Borussia Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl refused to comment on the future of Jude Bellingham, suggesting that the player is focusing on the ongoing Bundesliga title race, more than anything else.

In a recent interaction with the media, Kehl has iterated his position, adding that there have been no negotiations with Real Madrid or any club, regarding Bellingham.

“No offer on the table at the moment, no news, nothing to decide – Jude’s focused on the final games then we’ll see,” Kehl told ESPN (h/t Fabrizio Romano).

Kehl’s comments come against the backdrop of various sources linking Bellingham to a move to Real Madrid. The Spanish giants are confident of securing the services of the Englishman at the end of the season.

However, they are yet to reach an agreement with Dortmund regarding the transfer fee. It is going to be the trickiest part for the club, knowing BVB are likely to hold out for a hefty sum for the midfielder’s services.

When asked about any offers received for Bellingham, Kehl said the club do not have any guidelines and will do its best to keep hold of the midfielder beyond the summer.

“Astronomical bids? We’ve no guidelines. We always fight to keep the best players here,” he said.

Bellingham’s current contract at Dortmund expires in 2025. But the German giants have been trying to renew his deal by offering him a lucrative salary. However, it appears the player is determined to take the next step in his career, with Real Madrid a likely destination.

In the meantime, though, Bellingham will indeed look to focus on the Bundesliga title race. His team Dortmund are currently second in the table, trailing Bayern Munich by just a point with two matches remaining.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid’s teenage sensation to join camp on Wednesday, Brazilian core to return later

Published

on

Photo by ROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid enjoyed strong representation at the recently concluded European Championship and Copa America.

Dani Carvajal is the only player who returned with silverware, but it is safe to say that all the team’s stars on international duty put up displays to be proud of.

The attention now turns towards the season that lies ahead. Carlo Ancelotti and co. have already begun working ahead of the new campaign, and the internationals will begin rejoining training in the coming week, as relayed by MARCA.

The early returnees

Having suffered an early elimination in the Euro with Croatia, Luka Modric is set to return to training as early as the beginning of the coming week.

The veteran recently renewed his contract with the club and will be looking to prove that he still has it on his feet.

Modric will be available soon at Ancelotti’s disposal (Photo by Justin Setterfield/Getty Images)

The team’s new signing, Endrick, will join forces with Los Blancos on Wednesday as he begins a new chapter in his short, yet illustrious career so far. All eyes will be on his official signing and presentation.

Meanwhile, Arda Güler and Antonio Rudiger are expected to return to training under Ancelotti towards the end of the week.

The late entries

Players who progressed relatively deeper into the recently concluded tournaments have understandably been granted a longer vacation, and both the French and English representatives of the club enjoy that luxury.

Needless to say, no specific date has been set for their return, considering that their campaign in the Euro ran deep into July.

The team’s Copa America stars, Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo, and Eder Militão, meanwhile, will report to training on July 31st. Federico Valverde, who finished third with Uruguay, will likely enjoy a longer hiatus.

Continue Reading