According to MARCA, Real Madrid have tabled a contract offer to winger Marco Asensio and have been able to reach a partial agreement with the winger on the proposal.
The 27-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and has maintained that he wishes to continue at the Santiago Bernabeu despite rumours of a move to Barcelona doing the rounds constantly.
However, the report from the Spanish publication claims that talks are already underway over a new contract for the attacker and the two parties have come to an agreement on certain aspects of the deal, but some issues are yet to be resolved.
As per the report, Real Madrid and Asensio are in agreement when it comes to the duration of the contract. Both want to continue the partnership and it is said that a four-year extension until 2027 has been offered by the club, which the winger is willing to accept.
However, when it comes to the wages, there is still some disagreement as Asensio is seeking more than what Real Madrid are currently offering him.
The report states that the Spanish international plans to get married on July 7 in Mallorca and wants his future resolved before that.
In a recent media interaction, the winger had spoken about his future, saying: “Things are being discussed, we’ll see where it goes. I’m focused on myself and the next game. Hopefully, everything will come to fruition.
“I want to renew and stay at Madrid for a long time, but it’s not something that depends only on me. For me, the most important thing is sporting matters and being happy.”
Whether the two parties are able to resolve the financial difference that exists between them in the coming months will decide the fate of Asensio.
The forward, who turned 27 earlier this month, has featured 22 times across all competitions this season. He has scored three goals and set up five more from those appearances.
Real Madrid considering move for Manchester City superstar as club faces possible sanctions
Premier League has come up with a shocking statement, charging defending champions Manchester City with more than 100 breaches of the financial rule between 2009 to 2018.
The allegations levelled at Man City could lead to a point deduction for the defending champions or perhaps even expulsion. This could prove to be significant for not Premier League but European football in general.
To that end, a new report from Daily Mail suggests Real Madrid are keeping close tabs on the situation. They are aware of the fact that if Man City get sanctioned, it could rule them out of the chase for top target Jude Bellingham.
But more importantly, it may open up the opportunity to sign Erling Haaland in the near future. The Norwegian international was one of Man City’s smartest business move in the summer when they roped in the star striker for a meagre fee.
However, Spanish media believes Haaland has a release clause in his contract worth around €200 million. It could be activated in the summer of 2024 and clubs like Real Madrid are said to be interested in activating the clause.
But in light of the recent allegations made against Man City, Real Madrid are anticipating a potential mass exodus, and could make an early move for the forward, especially if the English giants get sanctioned by the Premier League board.
It goes without saying that Haaland, who has been scoring goals for fun since joining the Premier League outfit, is someone who demands to play at the highest level of football. It was one of the key reasons he joined Man City – a club that can offer consistency in terms of sporting success.
But a potential sanction for City could change the dynamic, possibly paving the way for a club like Real Madrid to establish themselves as an excellent suitor for Haaland.