Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid identify English teenager as their next ‘big target’ – report

Published

on

Photo via Getty Images

The nickname Galacticos says a lot about Real Madrid’s history. The Spanish club have a well-known record of going after the biggest names in the transfer market and it is safe to say that the search for their next blockbuster signing is a perennial talk.

According to reports from Goal Espana, Los Blancos have identified Jude Bellingham as their next Galactico. The midfielder is thought to be the next big thing in English football and the race for his signing is not easy.

At the Santiago Bernabeu, Bellingham is seen as the perfect replacement for Luka Modric. The Croatian international is at the end of his illustrious career and the club do not have a like-for-like backup for his position.

While Eduardo Camavinga, Federico Valverde and Aurelien Tchouameni represent a new generation of midfielders, none of them provides the creative output that Bellingham promises.

The 19-year-old player made 32 Bundesliga appearances for Borrusia Dortmund last season, scoring three goals and providing eight assists. Moreover, he averaged close to 12 defensive actions per game for the German side.

Dortmund have slapped a price tag of €120 million for their young star. However, the bigger hurdle in his signing is the long list of clubs interested in him.

Premier League sides including Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City, and Manchester United are said to be in the running. While Real Madrid would be the most tempting offer, the player could prefer a move home to England.

The race for Bellingham’s signing will be long and hard fought. Nevertheless, one can be sure that Carlo Ancelotti’s side will leave no stone unturned to bring him to Madrid.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Ola

    August 17, 2022 at 10:09 pm

    Very nice real Madrid should bring him to the squad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid may look to sell 24-year-old star if top target arrives in the summer – report

Published

on

Photo by Maja Hitij/Getty Images

Real Madrid are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to assemble an even stronger squad for the upcoming campaign.

Kylian Mbappe and Alphonso Davies are the club’s top targets in that regard, for the two new signings will be regular starters and bonafide difference makers on the field for Los Blancos.

The latter, in particular, arrives to reinforce a position where none of Carlo Ancelotti’s current options are convincing. Fran Garcia and Ferland Mendy have both had their hiccups at the left-back position for Real Madrid, leaving the position open for Davies to take over.

A potential departure

As revealed by MARCA, Davies’ arrival next season will jeopardise Garcia’s importance in the team for the Canadian will be the manager’s first choice by a mile.

Moreover, Ancelotti is said to be in favour of renewing Mendy, implying that Garcia will practically be his third choice.

Come summer, Garcia could thus be sold if the club receive an offer that they can make money off. Considering that they shelled out €5 million last summer for his incorporation, any offer north of that mark could do the job.

A top target for Real Madrid. (Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

In 18 appearances and 11 starts in La Liga this season, the 24-year-old has provided four assists for Los Blancos. Interestingly, he has started just one of Real Madrid’s last six games across all competitions.

Agreement complete

As revealed earlier this week, Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement with Alphonso Davies. An agreement with Bayern Munich over a transfer fee could be a difficult proposition, however.

As such, it is unclear if Los Blancos will make the move for Davies this summer at a subsidised fee or wait until next year when the player will be a free agent.

Garcia’s future, needless to say, depends on their plan of action on the Davies front.

Continue Reading