Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid in race alongside European heavyweights for 17-year-old Palmeiras prodigy

Published

on

Photo courtesy: Palmeiras official website

Real Madrid are no stranger to the South American market and if a report from GOAL is to be believed, the team from the Spanish capital is in a race alongside several European heavyweights to sign Palmeiras prodigy Estevao Willian.

The outlet suggests that Real Madrid have joined the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and even Paris Saint-Germain in the hunt.

Interestingly, it is also suggested that a few teams have already consulted about the availability of the 17-year-old, although no official proposal has been received by the player’s representatives.

How much would Estevao cost Real Madrid?

For what it is worth, Real Madrid have admired the 17-year-old forward for a long time. However, considering the suitors he has, it is proving difficult for them to strike a deal at once.

As for Palmeiras, they are aiming to receive the full amount of Estevao’s contract termination clause, which is set at €45 million. 

Real Madrid are seriously considering going for Estevao. (Photo by BAY ISMOYO/AFP via Getty Images)

This means that any potential buyer must also cover the associated taxes, bringing the total cost of the deal to around €55 million. Then again, considering the competition, it is likely that the highest bidder would win the race.

It must be noted that Estevao has a contract with Palmeiras running until 2026 and he is seen as one of the club’s top young talents. 

Furthermore, Palmeiras owns 70% of the economic rights of the player, while the remaining 30% is held by himself. If another club wants to sign him, they would need to pay the termination fee, which would result in a significant sum for Palmeiras.

It is said that Chelsea previously made an offer of €40 million for Estevao in January, but the deal did not move forward at that time. 

The club’s interest suggests his high market value, but Palmeiras are holding out for the full €45 million, hoping to benefit from his promising future.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Official: Real Madrid announce starting lineup to face Real Betis

Published

on

Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images

Real Madrid will sign off on their successful La Liga campaign today with a fixture against Real Betis at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The game, being seen as a final preparation for the UEFA Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund, sees manager Carlo Ancelotti field his strongest possible lineup.

All eyes will obviously be on the retiring Toni Kroos, who bids goodbye to the Bernabeu in what will be his final home game as a Real Madrid player.

The German international starts in the centre of the park alongside Federico Valverde, while Eduardo Camavinga slots in as the No. 6.

Meanwhile, Real Madrid captain, Nacho Fernandez, also starts in what could be his last game at the Bernabeu as well.

Nacho pairs up with Antonio Rudiger in defence, flanked by the full-back pairing of Dani Carvajal and Ferland Mendy. Thibaut Courtois starts in goal ahead of Andriy Lunin and Kepa Arrizabalaga.

Up front, Vinicius Jr. starts in attack, partnering up with Rodrygo Goes. Top scorer Jude Bellingham occupies the attacking midfield role for Real Madrid.

Continue Reading