Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid midfielder says he wants Barcelona to lose ‘every time they play’

Published

on

Photo by FRANCK FIFE/AFP via Getty Images

Speaking at a press conference ahead of the FIFA World Cup, Real Madrid and France midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni has shed light on his feelings for arch-rivals Barcelona.

The 22-year-old Frenchman arrived at Real Madrid only this past summer, signing from AS Monaco in a deal that could reach up to €100 million.

With Casemiro leaving in the summer, Tchouameni was thrust into the spotlight right away and he has excelled in his new team, quickly becoming a key member of Carlo Ancelotti’s setup.

An important part of the French national team setup as well, Tchouameni’s inclusion in the squad for the World Cup was a given.

In the France camp, Tchouameni is sharing the dressing room with two Barcelona players in Ousmane Dembele and Jules Kounde.

During the presser, the 22-year-old midfielder was asked about the form that the Barcelona winger was in heading into the tournament.

In response, the Real Madrid ace claimed that it was hard for him to talk about Dembele because he played for Barça, while admitting that he wants the Catalans to lose each time he watches them play.

“Every time I watch Barça matches, I hope they will lose. But it’s a chance to have him in our squad, I hope he will show the extent of his quality with us,” Tchouameni said (h/t InstantFoot).

With Paul Pogba and N’Golo Kante unavailable, Tchouameni will have an integral role to play if France are to retain the World Cup.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Kamilu Ali Fagge

    November 18, 2022 at 3:46 pm

    Yes of course, it’s because we are REAL MADRID players and supporters, that’s why we don’t need Barca to win

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Ancelotti considering playing a makeshift centre-back pairing for Real Madrid against Valencia – report

Published

on

Photo by DESIREE MARTIN/AFP via Getty Images

Real Madrid will take on Valencia on Saturday, looking to maintain their solid lead at the top of the league table.

The Spanish giants are leading the standing with a six-point lead over Girona. A win against Valencia could help them solidify their position at the top while potentially opening up an opportunity to extend the lead to more than six points.

Heading into this game, though, Carlo Ancelotti is facing multiple setbacks, especially in the defensive unit, with Eder Militao, David Alaba and Thibaut Courtois still missing due to injuries.

This will once again put pressure on Ancelotti, as far as the team selection is concerned.

Rudiger & Tchouameni to partner at centre-back vs Valencia

Fortunately for the Real Madrid coach, much of his experimentations this season have worked, including Aurelien Tchouameni’s supreme performances at centre-back.

With that in mind, Diario AS reports Ancelotti is considering playing a makeshift central defensive pair against Valencia, comprising Antonio Rudiger and Tchouameni.

Ancelotti to go with a makeshift central defensive pairing vs Valencia (Photo by Angel Martinez/Getty Images)

This is not the first time the young Frenchman will have to accompany Rudiger at centre-back. He did so earlier in the year when Real Madrid took on RCD Mallorca.

Interestingly, Real Madrid were able to retain a clean sheet, with Rudiger scoring the winning goal, in a narrow 1-0 victory.

What are Ancelotti’s other options?

Ancelotti will be hoping for a similar outcome this time around. However, it must be noted that the Italian will be boosted by the return of Dani Carvajal from suspension.

The veteran Spaniard can be an option at centre-back. But given the way how Tchouameni has impressed onlookers with his performances at centre-back, there is very little reason why he shouldn’t continue in the position.

Tchouameni has even been compared to Javier Mascherano by former Spanish coach Roberto Moreno.

Other than Carvajal, though, Nacho Fernandez is another option for Ancelotti. But the veteran defender is suffering with discomfort and Ancelotti has no plans to risk it.

Continue Reading