Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid monitoring teenage Barcelona striker target, could cost above €50 million – report

Published

on

Photo by DANIEL MUNOZ/AFP via Getty Images

Having signed one of the most exciting prospects in Brazil in the form of Endrick, Real Madrid are now monitoring another starlet from the South American nation in Vitor Roque.

Indeed, according to Brazilian publication GE Globo, Real Madrid are among the clubs keeping tabs on the 17-year-old Athletico Paranaense striker, who is also a top target for Barcelona. Chelsea and PSG are also interested in the teenager.

Vitor Roque enjoyed an impressive season for Athletico Paranaense last year, helping them reach the finals of the Copa Libertadores.

The teenage centre-forward now led Brazil’s U-20 national team to the South American U-20 Championship recently, finishing as the top scorer in the tournament with six goals.

Barcelona have been pushing hard for Roque’s signing after missing out on several prospective targets from South America in recent times.

The Blaugrana are understood to be willing to commit around €35 million to sign the Brazilian sensation.

However, Athletico Paranaense will hold out for at least €50 million for their prized asset. It is because they own 85% of the player’s rights, with the rest 15% of rights being with the player’s boyhood club America-MG.

Hence, Athletico, who have already turned down an offer worth €25 million from an unnamed club, will also look to insert a future sale clause in the agreement.

Whether Real Madrid are willing to make a push for Roque’s signing remains to be seen. For now, they are among the clubs keeping a close watch on the striker’s situation, along with Barcelona, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid may look to sell 24-year-old star if top target arrives in the summer – report

Published

on

Photo by Maja Hitij/Getty Images

Real Madrid are leaving no stone unturned in their bid to assemble an even stronger squad for the upcoming campaign.

Kylian Mbappe and Alphonso Davies are the club’s top targets in that regard, for the two new signings will be regular starters and bonafide difference makers on the field for Los Blancos.

The latter, in particular, arrives to reinforce a position where none of Carlo Ancelotti’s current options are convincing. Fran Garcia and Ferland Mendy have both had their hiccups at the left-back position for Real Madrid, leaving the position open for Davies to take over.

A potential departure

As revealed by MARCA, Davies’ arrival next season will jeopardise Garcia’s importance in the team for the Canadian will be the manager’s first choice by a mile.

Moreover, Ancelotti is said to be in favour of renewing Mendy, implying that Garcia will practically be his third choice.

Come summer, Garcia could thus be sold if the club receive an offer that they can make money off. Considering that they shelled out €5 million last summer for his incorporation, any offer north of that mark could do the job.

A top target for Real Madrid. (Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Getty Images)

In 18 appearances and 11 starts in La Liga this season, the 24-year-old has provided four assists for Los Blancos. Interestingly, he has started just one of Real Madrid’s last six games across all competitions.

Agreement complete

As revealed earlier this week, Real Madrid have reached a verbal agreement with Alphonso Davies. An agreement with Bayern Munich over a transfer fee could be a difficult proposition, however.

As such, it is unclear if Los Blancos will make the move for Davies this summer at a subsidised fee or wait until next year when the player will be a free agent.

Garcia’s future, needless to say, depends on their plan of action on the Davies front.

Continue Reading