Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid offering €15 million base salary and €60 million signing bonus to Kylian Mbappe

Published

on

Photo by GUILLAUME SOUVANT/AFP via Getty Images

As has been said numerous times before, a final decision about Kylian Mbappe’s future appears to be just around the corner. Reports indicate that the player will make his official decision in the month of February, with an announcement expected soon after.

Two options lie on his table – to renew with PSG or leave for free at the end of the season. PSG have not issued an official renewal offer so far but would be more than happy to allow him to continue with his wages of €70 million should he opt to.

Real Madrid’s offer

As revealed in a recent report from COPE, Real Madrid are indeed alive in the race to sign Mbappe. However, they are not the only interested party.

Several clubs from the Premier League are hoping to snap up the player’s services in the summer, and are well-placed on the economic front.

They promise the player gargantuan wages and a hefty signing bonus, thus boasting an upper hand over Real Madrid.

From a sporting and personal point of view, however, Los Blancos are the better-placed side. They offer him the project and life that he desires and are the top-placed option in many ways.

What next for Mbappe? (Photo by GUILLAUME SOUVANT/AFP via Getty Images)

If Mbappe wishes to join the club of his dreams, however, he would have to make a serious economic compromise.

Real Madrid will not offer over €15 million in base salary, although the gross amount could come out to be higher with image rights and brand exploitation

More elements of the offer

COPE also brings forward deeper details of the Merengues’ offer to the player as revealed by Roberto Morales.

First, the men in white propose to maintain 40% of Mbappe’s image rights with the players keeping the remaining 60%. Further, they will offer a signing bonus of €60 million to the free agent if he is to sign for them.

The coming weeks will be critical in deciding the World Cup winner’s future, and it will be interesting to see if he opts for Real Madrid over the lucrative offers in Spain and England.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid chief scout surprised over summer signing’s lack of minutes

Published

on

Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images

Arda Guler was one of Real Madrid’s biggest bets last summer. The youngster joined from Fenerbahce for a fee of €20 million and was regarded as one of the best young talents in Europe.

Many expected Guler to follow the example of Jude Bellingham and become an instant hit at the Bernabeu.

Guler’s struggles at Real Madrid

However, with just one month remaining before the season comes to an end, it is fair to say that Guler has endured a tough season at the Bernabeu.

The Turkish international is yet to even muster 100 minutes of action this season. His progress was largely halted by injuries, but it must be noted that the player has been fit since the start of the year.

Yet, Guler has featured in only 31 minutes of league action, with a goal against Celta Vigo being his most notable contribution.

Looking for that one chance (Photo by PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU/AFP via Getty Images)

Juni Calafat surprised at Guler’s lack of gametime

In light of Guler’s struggles this season, a report from Rodra P (h/t Madrid Xtra) suggests Real Madrid’s chief scout, Juni Calafat, is surprised at Guler’s lack of opportunities this season.

Calafat, who was crucial in unearthing talents such as Vinicius Junior, Rodrygo and Federico Valverde, is one of the great supporters of Guler.

But he is surprised with the way Carlo Ancelotti has handled Guler, not giving him enough opportunities to impress.

In fact, Guler’s struggles this season have led many to conspire about his future. A loan move has been suggested and there are no shortage of suitors either.

Ancelotti, for his part, has maintained that Guler is getting better physically. It appears the Italian is practising caution with the youngster, especially given his injury-related struggles during the first half of the campaign.

Following Real Madrid’s win over Barcelona, though, Guler will be hoping for more frequent opportunities in the league, as Ancelotti keeps one eye on the Champions League.

Continue Reading