Real Madrid News
Real Madrid planning for next season with Ancelotti as the manager – report
Over the past few months, there have been a lot of speculations surrounding the future of Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti.
The 63-year-old returned to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer of 2021, replacing Zinedine Zidane. Back for his second stint, Ancelotti led the Merengues to the La Liga and UEFA Champions League double in 2021/22.
The ongoing campaign, however, has been a bit up and down as Real Madrid have failed to defend their La Liga title even though they have made it to the Copa del Rey final and the semi-finals of the Champions League.
It has been previously claimed that failure to win either of those trophies could see Real Madrid part ways with Ancelotti. Meanwhile, rumours of him taking up the job of the Brazil national team manager refuse to go away either.
Only yesterday, Brazil Football Confederation’s president, Ednaldo Rodrigues, once again confirmed that Ancelotti was their primary choice.
But, according to MARCA, there is no plan to replace Ancelotti at the end of the season. Indeed, everything for the next campaign is being planned with the Italian mastermind being at the helm of affairs.
It is said that Ancelotti held a meeting with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez after the defeat to Real Sociedad earlier this week. The two have had several fluid discussions over the course of the season and it was another similar meeting earlier in the week.
Both Ancelotti and Perez reportedly agreed that the La Liga is lost and it is absolutely vital for the team to now go on and win the Copa del Rey on Saturday and the Champions League as well.
But, as things stand, everything for the next season is being planned with Ancelotti as the man in charge of Real Madrid.
Real Madrid News
Brazil not giving up on pursuit of Ancelotti: “Haven’t thrown in the towel yet”
Speaking to the media, Brazil Football Confederations (CBF) president Ednaldo Rodrigues has claimed that the Selecao have not given up on their pursuit of Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti, despite the Italian stating that he will not leave the club.
Brazil have been without a manager since the World Cup in Qatar last year, following which Tite stepped down. The CBF have made Ancelotti their top target and have been pursuing his signing for months but to no avail.
The 63-year-old Italian tactician has, on more than one occasion, made it clear that he will be at Real Madrid next season, with his contract expiring in 2024.
However, CBF president Rodrigues is adamant that Ancelotti’s statements are due to him being cautious as he is under contract at Real Madrid and that the Selecao are not prepared to give up on their quest to appoint him as of yet.
“We made a plan, that ‘Plan A’ is the one you know, Ancelotti, and as they say in the ‘ring’ (boxing), I haven’t thrown in the towel yet,” Rodrigues said (h/t Mundo Deportivo).
“Because of contracts, people are cautious,” he added.
Ancelotti, for his part, has repeatedly stated that he does not intend to leave Real Madrid unless he is forced out of the club.
Despite missing out on the La Liga and the UEFA Champions League titles last season, the club continue to back the veteran Italian and are planning for next season with him in charge.
So, despite Rodrigues’ confidence and perseverance, it is extremely unlikely that Ancelotti will be leaving Real Madrid for Brazil this summer.