Connect with us

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid planning to strengthen three positions in the summer

Published

on

Photo by Stuart Franklin/Getty Images

While the summer transfer window is still some way away, Real Madrid seem to have started planning for it if a report from SPORT is to be believed.

Indeed, according to the publication, the reigning champions of Spain and Europe have identified three key positions that they wish to strengthen in the summer – left-back, central midfield, and centre-forward.

The left-back slot is currently occupied by Ferland Mendy, who despite being a regular, has failed to entirely convince the Real Madrid management. So, there are doubts as to whether the club hand the Frenchman a new contract or let him leave.

Hence, a new left-back, possibly in the form of former prospect Fran Garcia, could end up making his way to Real Madrid next summer.

As for the central midfield department, Luka Modric, Toni Kroos and Dani Ceballos are all out of contract at the end of the season. While the former two are likely to renew, the same cannot be said about Ceballos.

Furthermore, Modric will be 38 in less than a year and Real Madrid need to start thinking of the future beyond the Croatian. It is where Jude Bellingham enters the picture. The 19-year-old Englishman is the absolute priority for Los Blancos to bolster the midfield, but they will face intense competition.

Lastly, Real Madrid will also explore the market for a new centre-forward, which makes complete sense considering Karim Benzema’s recent injury woes and the fact that Mariano Diaz will leave when his contract expires.

Endrick is said to be the club’s top target, although the teenager can only arrive in 2024 when he turns 18. Erling Haaland is another name on the agenda, but he too is a target for the summer of 2024 when his release clause comes into play.

So, it will be interesting to see what strategy Real Madrid apply in search of a new striker next summer – whether they go for a stop-gap solution by bringing in a veteran or invest in a young talent with an eye for the future.

Apart from these movements, a right-back could also arrive to compete with Lucas Vazquez and Dani Carvajal while Real Madrid will also consider incorporating Brahim Diaz into the first-team plans after his loan spell at AC Milan.

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Alpha

    November 18, 2022 at 10:10 pm

    Madrid should be looking for a right back that’s a big concern to be planned for we need a young talented players like vini in the academy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Real Madrid News

Real Madrid midfielder set to sign a four-year contract with the club

Published

on

Photo by OSCAR DEL POZO/AFP via Getty Images

In a major development, journalist Tomas Gonzalez-Martin is reporting that Real Madrid midfielder Dani Ceballos has decided to sign a new contract with the club and will pen a four-year deal to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu.

The 26-year-old midfielder’s current contract with Real Madrid stands to expire at the end of the season. And there had been conflicting reports over whether he would be offered a new deal by the Merengues.

But the Spaniard has managed to turn things around spectacularly in recent weeks, putting up top displays one after the other, helping Real Madrid emerge out of a poor run at the start of the new year.

It has convinced the club to hand him a new contract and it seems like things are moving swiftly on the renewal front for Ceballos.

Indeed, as per the update from Tomas Gonzalez-Martin, Real Madrid have decided to offer him a new four-year contract that will keep him at the club until the summer of 2027. It will see the midfielder receive an improved salary to the one that he is currently earning.

And Ceballos has decided to sign the deal. The former Real Betis ace has always maintained that he wants to continue at the Bernabeu beyond the current campaign. And the two parties could now be close to shaking hands on a new contract.

Ceballos joined Real Madrid from Real Betis back in 2017, arriving as one of the most talented young midfielders in La Liga. However, he found the going tough initially, thanks to the hegemony of the midfield trio of Luka Modric, Toni Kroos, and Casemiro.

The Spaniard spent a couple of seasons on loan at Arsenal before returning to the club in 2021. If not for an injury while away at the Tokyo Olympics, Ceballos could have been sold that year.

Having returned to action in January last year, he has slowly but surely gained importance in Carlo Ancelotti’s plans. And he is now set to be rewarded with a new four-year contract by the champions of Spain and Europe.

Continue Reading