Real Madrid News
Real Madrid plotting move for 17-year-old La Liga wonderkid this summer
With Arbeloa set to replace Hernan Perez as the head coach, Real Madrid are looking to add more quality to their Juvenil A side this summer.
According to a report from MARCA, one of the players identified as a top target for Los Blancos ahead of the new season is Rodrigo Mendoza.
The 17-year-old is a midfielder, who currently plies his trade with Elche CF. He is currently a member of the club’s Under-19 and is among the most promising in the academy, having impressed the onlookers with his performances in the youth competitions.
A native of Murcia, Mendoza has featured four times for the Spanish U-17 setup as well, making him one of the most promising talents in his age group.
Real Madrid want to rope in the teenage sensation this summer and reinforce the midfield unit of their Juvenil A setup. His addition to the club could go a long way in further strengthening the side and help Arbeloa build a strong unit next season.
A central midfielder by trade, Mendoza appears to be a technically gifted operator, who can be deployed as a number ten as well. His creative qualities could make him an excellent asset for the Juvenil A side, and it won’t be long before he makes the jump to RM Castilla.
However, the report suggests it is going to be difficult for Real Madrid to lure him away from Elche CF this summer.
The Valencian outfit are known for their strict negotiations and they will undoubtedly make it difficult for Los Merengues to secure the services of their prized youth prospect.
Real Madrid camp is not very confident of pulling off the deal either, which has compelled them to consider moves for various other alternatives, including Manuel Angel and Cesar Palacios.
Real Madrid News
U-turn? Benzema hints at Real Madrid stay during ceremony: “Reality is not the internet”
There has been a lot of talk around Karim Benzema’s situation over the course of the last week or so, with reports claiming that the Frenchman was on his way out of the Santiago Bernabeu.
With his contract expiring at the end of the season, it was reported that Benzema was joining Al Ittihad as part of an incredible deal worth nearly €200 million. The striker was also offered 100% of his image rights and advertising deals by the Saudi government.
Over the last day or so, it has been reported that the move is all but official at the moment, as Benzema has accepted the offer, and will soon inform Real Madrid about it.
Benzema was awarded the MARCA Leyenda awards for contribution to sports today, and speaking during it, he dropped a rather cryptic message about his future – one that says quite the opposite to what has been in the news recently.
“Speak to the fans? Speak about what? Why should I speak of the future if I’m in Madrid?”, Benzema said.
“It’s the internet speaking, and reality is not the internet,” he added.
This certainly falls away from the departure line for Benzema, who was reportedly already contemplating his life away from Madrid.
At first, though, he was hesitant about speaking about his future, saying, “Staying or leaving Real Madrid? At the moment, I’m here…we have a game on Saturday.”
He repeatedly talked about the fans, calling them the best in world football. He also said, “I know how much Real Madrid fans love me. I feel that when I’m on the pitch, I give my best for them, always.”
“I always say that we play with 11 on the pitch but also with a crucial factor, Real Madrid fans,” Benzema concluded.